Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Just an idea.    

Just an idea.

moravc
Czech Republic

Wow I cannot believe that !
I am the SIXTH in the Czech republic !!! Big smile LOL Thumbs Up
I have been uploading my wss just for a few weeks and I am in the first line :-D

138 pages of Czech users, from 9th page = 1 worksheet only
from page 18 - no worksheets
138-18 = 120 pages x 10 people = 1,200 people registered but never contributed :-(

80 Czechs from total about 1,400 shared 2 or more worksheets...
well, they are not willing to share...
What a shame... Disapprove

23 Apr 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

pp. 30 - 207  - 0 points Russian accounts 

23 Apr 2009     

Alenka
Slovenia

Slovenia from page 14 to 56 - 0 points

23 Apr 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

977 pages of Brazilian members but from page 203 on - ZERO UPLOADS.  That means 774 pages of members (10 per page) that never shared anything.  774 x 10 = WOW!

23 Apr 2009     

sldiaz
Panama

Panama from page 5 to 32 - 0 points

23 Apr 2009     

ants
Switzerland

For Switzerland....from page 11 to 64 - o points.

23 Apr 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Hi Barbara! hi to you all!

I knew that there were few active members, but it never crossed my mind that there were sooo many members with 0 points. 4830 Portuguese have registered, 3420 have no points at all, which is about 70%, 1410 have got points, but of those 580 have less than 30 points. So it seems we have about 830 members which may download but not necessarily contribute.

Those are incredible numbers and I really appreciate that you called our attention to that dear barbara. Now as to the idea of deleting those accounts, I must say you have a point there, but,  were I the owner of the site, I wouldn �t do that,  ever.  One thing is to have a site with, say, 12,000 members and another totally different thing is to be the owner of a site with 169, 248. After so much effort, so much hard work to get this site to what it is today, I don �t think I �d   consider the possibility of drastically reducing the number of registrations. I �d buy another new server instead. Wink But that �s me talking...

Have a good evening.
mena

23 Apr 2009     

Snow- white
Macedonia

Macedonia from page 4 to page 27 - 0.One great huge zero.What a waste!

23 Apr 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

I have done this exercise some 3 months ago as I was sending my materials Mediafire link to people but my view on account and whether they should be deleted is ambivalent. I was personally a member for some 18 months with zero points until recently when I decided to participate more actively. In fact I was in a similar situation in another forum but things changed in the last 6 months and now I am one of the assistant administrator  with the right to delete people ontributions.

So I think we should proceed cautiously.

The situation regarding members and points for the UK is as follows: Of the total members of around 9220 only 160 are premium members. Around 8420 have zero points and the rest have between 1to 29 points.

23 Apr 2009     

Pinky Makus
Canada

692 pages of Canadians.  After page 80 or so all the members have 0 points.  :(  Thanks for your contributions Zora, Freddie and others.

23 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >