Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Just an idea.    

Just an idea.

arkel
Ireland

I already did Ireland and Spain and gave my findings above. I don �t know you Victor, but one thing I �ve learned from seeing all of this and reading your posts is that you �re an intelligent person. You will always have the final decision about what to do with your page and I, for one, will accept whatever decision you make. I also agree with what aftab57 says. I was also a member here for some months before daring to upload anything. Maybe you have the date of registration for all users and can make a decision based on that. Anyway, you have my total support. Rosemary

23 Apr 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Something else to consider is that a member �s profile data is actually quite small. I can hazard a guess & say in the kilobytes of data, even if there is a profile picture. if a profile doesn �t include a picture it may be in the 10 �s of kilobytes rather than the 100 �s.  This means that there would be around 15 - 20 members data for every worksheet uploaded in equivalent storage space. So while it would clear a lot of space to delete many accounts... it would be necessary to delete 15 - 20 times the number of accounts when compared to worksheets to free up the same amount of server space.

I believe that aftab has hit the nail on the head - care is important when deleting accounts. Some accounts are being deleted because of users uploading stolen material, etc - which is appropriate. I think that it is important not to �jump the gun � & delete user accounts wholesale just because they have 0 contributions

24 Apr 2009     

eng789
Israel

AB  - no accounts are being deleted because of copying - they are just been emptied of copied /stolen or not worthy ws and points.  The accounts still exist. 

It was just a suggestion. (as way to possibly free up some space - if vey old, empty/ 0 point accounts got deleted.)  This is of course Victor �s site and he will decide if it he wants to /can or needs to.    

24 Apr 2009     

puspita
Indonesia

220 pages from Indonesia, only 15 pages of users with points.  A huge number of users with 0 points!

However,  I also know that internet is still a luxury for many teachers in Indonesia... and in many rural areas, the connection is soooo slow; the bandwith is very limited.  So, I can fully understand them not being able to upload anything yet.

However (again), a time limit for waiting period IS a fair option, I guess.

24 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3