Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Sorry to bring this up..............    

Sorry to bring this up..............

pmca
Portugal

I believe my words will be taken very badly by some -- and I will be crucified -- but I have to express my opinion on this subject no matter how bluntly!

All I can say, Nelssa and Kita, is that I �m sorry that your worksheets have been removed. I don �t know about Kita �s work, but let �s be HONEST here: why don �t we share our worksheets that are actually products of hard work and actually useful?

I do know I �m sounding judgmental at this point - who am I to judge another person �s work? - but the point is Nelssa, your worksheet initially (as far as I can remember) was a mere frame. Then you added some content.

The object of Victor �s intent on the moderators � reports is to clean up the server as it has been stated on this forum over and over again.

Why don �t we all put our energy focused on creating better worksheets?

When I joined this website a year ago, I was looking for ESL resources. Let �s stress the ESL - English as a Second Language resources. Clipart, frames, stickers and all are very cute and can be useful for many, but, in my opinion, they are cluttering space that is needed for the thousands of worksheets being uploaded.

I am a moderator but I confess that I rarely report worksheets for 2 reasons:

1. I don �t have the time to check;
2. I only report stolen worksheets that I come across.

And I always sign my reports. I think a lot of this mess over "rude" or "reckless" reports could be avoided if they weren �t anonymous.

I feel I have said too much already, so I �ll just shut up.

Please don �t take offense. I don �t mean to. It �s just tiresome to see the board constantly flooded by these complaints.

Dear Nelssa and Kita, why can �t we see those worksheets again, but with some more activities? Iwould love to have them back with improvements.

Take care. Wink

Paula

28 Apr 2009     

Nelssa
Ukraine

Thank you, dear Silke!

Do you have ANY idea why it might happen?

I am not that upset about the points... but when something is unfair - it is just UNFAIR!

28 Apr 2009     

Nelssa
Ukraine

To Paula.

You write,"
Then you added some content."
Well, so the worksheet had been IMPROVED long before it was removed!!!

The worksheet was improved - isn �t it the main point???

28 Apr 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

LOL.....Ivona, Silke and Val �...im in "stiches" here. I will collapse�Big smile. It is soo refreshing to see that you all are such impish brats! LOL�Great to see the humour coming into things and solving the differences that way. �It shows that ther is another way. Don �t ever lose that humour�Hug

28 Apr 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Oh, Silke! If ANYone dares lay fingers on the red "report" button, I will ... I will ...
I will tickle them till they pass out! And once they come round, i will tickle them more where they �re most sensitive until they �re cured of whatever got hold of them and are able to laugh at things! I solemnly swear on my wit, good-humour, and bunji jumping! Approve

28 Apr 2009     

pmca
Portugal

To Nelssa:

Dear Nelssa,

The link you provided just shows me the preview of your worksheet, therefore I can �t read it. That is why I said you added content. I can see there is text in the middle of the frame. As I can �t download it, I don �t know what is written.

If you have improved it, and it became an ESL worksheet, it shouldn �t have been removed.

What can I say?

What can I suggest? I don �t know if you can take to Victor to reconsider...

But why not work on this worksheet some more? You can always upload it again and show the worksheet �s value. You do have an interesting collection of very useful worksheets, by the way.

Please don �t let this minor setback stop you from sharing your work with us.

Have a nice week!

Paula Wink

28 Apr 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Hahaha! � stop it!!!!!Clown

28 Apr 2009     

Jull
Finland

To stop? Caroline, what do you mean?

28 Apr 2009     

Jull
Finland

To stop what?!

28 Apr 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Hi Jull! � I meant it in a humourous way to Stop.�LOL�I was laughing so much at the witty and playful way that they (Ivona Silke and Val) were engaging in through their posts. �They were bringing in a bit of impish humour into the post and i was laughing so much that I thought my sides would burst haha! So that �s why I said Stop.Smile
Caroline�Hug

28 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >