Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Sorry to bring this up..............    

Sorry to bring this up..............

valfairyrose
Uruguay

Girls, sometimes this is the only way to show others that a smile is the best way.
I decided to practice a long time ago... when everybody wants you down... no no... i won �t... i prefer to smile and walk... just that...
and if i can do something for you in the way, will be my preasure, and a part of that it is just a smile.
I �m not a clown (or i �m trying not to be...) but i love people when smile. I love when people is happy, and i love to spread all this energy i have. i think like that and i am what you read.

I think that i �m here because of (my parents) people, but i think that i have something to do with people too... i �m searching for my answers... and in the way I try to cheear up everybody who thinks there is nothing good here (world)...

mmm.---- what about me?
ehhhh..... mmmmm..... ???

i �m good... i �m funny... and i �m talkative enough to tell you that I have an addiction...

YES!!! I confess........!!!!!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!?????????

ESLPRINTABLES.COM!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY????!!!!!!!!!

OK...---
love u!!! everybody!!!!
I �ll be back in a few minutes... like always.... ----
Don �t miss me!

Val

28 Apr 2009     

roneydirt
United States

Once again it is basically the same nit pick crap going on....  I may have only officially gotten my ESOL degree in 2006.  Worked in the ESOL area long before that with immigrant children and adults.  It does not matter once you pick up the most recent edition of any TEFL (or any other... ESL, ESOL....)  Depending on the author, the publisher....  and what they are selling makes it EFL Material or not.  My speciality is not actually ESOL it is history of Education and Military History.   I wish I had the time like my PHD counterparts where they let others teach their classes so the can write more crap to sell.  What one author says is EFL material another may say it is not because they are selling their stuff.  No one seems to take into account that no group of children learn the same.  That we are not dealing with one age group with one culture, with one religion, with one mindset.  We are creating lessons to be used from prepreschool age all the way up to adulthood, people with vast differences in learning styles, religions, mindsets, educational levels, English levels.  The biggest complaints I have seen is from individuals going I can �t use this so it must not be EFL material.  Yes yank material that has been stolen and another person is trying to claim it that has been totally yanked from another site or even this site.  If a person puts up something very simple and you don �t like it don �t download it.  I only have more time to nit pik right now because we are in exams so besides going to backlogs of materials to create a list of materials for the next three months of classes I am taking the time to go on here to add my 2 cents.  What is EFL material and what is not EFL material depends on whose book you are buying and what teaching style you use and it �s most current political push.  Remember that!  And if you see something that you think the individual can add to their worksheet to improve it tell them nicely and make suggestions.  Better than this constant nit picking on a daily basis for the last 3 months on this site.  Go through the backlogs and you too will see that it has really heated up with trivial nit picking these previous three months.  It also makes me wonder if everyone seems to be sooo busy why are there soooo many individuals so apt to find the time to constantly nit pick on everyone else.  Get a life!  I understand why some are very busy like me we work a 12 hour day and study the current trends and past trends to develop our material so some of our worksheets are simple.  Maybe once I complete my schooling I won �t be the occasional hop on and talk about the new political education push from one form to the next from industrial education to tech to computer, to future 3 dimensial classroom teaching...  and so on.  That �s my 2 cents.  I will be selling copies of my "What is and What is not EFL Material" in the lobby now...

28 Apr 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

To Nelssa: if you adapt your worksheet (in this case it WAS a frame with nothing else).. and then you change it WHILE it is being reviewed... once people have voted they cannot change their vote. The time differences in different countries mean that people vote at different times...and obviously a lot of people had voted before you had changed it. So essentially you made the adaptions too late for them to be effective.

On the reporting page that the moderators have access to there are very clear examples set out by Victor of what he wants on this site. And a single frame or border or clip art is not what he wants and there are instructions to remove worksheets that are  like this.

You added text into the middle AFTFER, so while the end product WAS an esl resource according to what Victor wants here it had ALREADY been voted on by a lot of members in its original state.

To Roneydirt:
When you have your own spangdangly website you can decide what types of things that you would like to have on it. The content of this website is not actually up for discussion as we don �t own it. One person does and he does not want pages of clip art with no english, single pages of frames borders etc copied/stolen work from other members/books/websites etc.

Yes next to anything can be used as ESL material. Yes different levels use different materials.
However Victor has very clear guidleines on what materials he accepts here (under send a printable section). This is HIS website. So when a comment says not an esl resource it is done to the rules and regulations of what may be contributed to THIS site according to the examples that Victor has on the reporting page. Not about ESL in general.
Welcome to the site.

28 Apr 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Has anyone mentioned that moderating is a bit of a depressing job?  no wonder Victor let us take over - can you imagine having to go through all those stolen reports on your lonesome?

Moderators do the following things:

1) moderators donate their time to ensure this website remains as a high quality resource for everyone.

2) a few moderators don �t seem to understand their role - and take time to �judge � peoples contributions. 

3) there are the majority of moderators who jump on these people - and put the other view forward to ensure that people get a fair hearing.

4) most moderators only report stolen worksheets or obvious sheets that break the rules.

It is important to remember that if you think your worksheet was unfairly removed you can always repost it - maybe take into consideration the moderators comments and change your worksheet to ensure it is obviously within the rules.  The most common suggestions seem to be:
1) include instructions on your worksheet to show how it can be used as an esl resouce (I suggest putting this in your description and worksheet (cut and paste is easy to do).

2) ensure their is actual esl content on the first page - if it is a picture with activities - ensure that more than the picture is shown on the first page.

3) reference your work.  It is ok to use images from the internet - make sure you add original content with those pictures.

4) If you are uploading flashcards - make sure you have added some english writing and instructions - reduce picture size to ensure you have more than one flashcard in a set.

All of these common suggestions will help you to get downloads as well - they improve the quality of resources and they make you feel good when you get heaps of downloads.

So - happy uploading, and happy moderating....  I hope.

PS - ensure you have understood a moderators comments - sometimes moderators leave comments that are in reference to other moderators negative comments - not in reference to your worksheet. 

To the person that emailed me - please be aware - I do not ever intend to upset people - and I have never trashed someones work - I might leave suggestions - but never insults!  If I say something nice - I do mean it - please don �t assume I am being sarcastic about your work - I would never do this! 

28 Apr 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3