Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WHAT DOES YOUR NAME MEAN?    

WHAT DOES YOUR NAME MEAN?

pauguzman
Argentina

I love this topic!!!! My name is PAULA and it means "little" "small",and as far as know it has a latin origin. My favourite name is Lucia ( when I have a girl I will call her Lucia) and it means"light", like your name Svetlana!!!
ClapINTERESTING TOPIC... PITY THAT I MISSED THE AVATAR ONE!!!

2 May 2009     

ana m
Spain

My name is Ana, and as Anna P has said, it means "full of Grace" but I would like to add some more information.                                                                                                   Women who are named Ana are considered to be sensitive, loving and outgoing,creative and reliable .  Wow! I would love to be seen in this way.

Thank you ,Sveltiana, for starting this so interesting topic.

2 May 2009     

Neda
Argentina

My name is Neda Zulma and I don �t know the meaning. Does anyone know?

2 May 2009     

ana m
Spain

I �m so SORRY Svetlana! I have written your name bad.

2 May 2009     

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

I have just found that Neda� is (can be) of Slavic origin, and its meaning is "born on Sunday". May also be considered a feminine form of Ned, a nickname for Edward (Old English) "wealthy guardian". �

Neda means clean, purity

2 May 2009     

nigyy
Turkey

Thanks for this interesting topic Svetlana,I have learnt much about names in foreign languages,when it comes to mine :
my name is G�lnigar,g�l means rose in Turkish , and nigar has a Persian origin, it means  pretty...
Hugs
nigyy :)

2 May 2009     

cecio_13
Argentina

My name is Cecilia...
The name Cecilia pronounced as Sess-seel-yah is of Latin origin and seems to have been derived from a Roman clan name Caecilius; it is the feminine form of the name Cecil and means the blind one. St Cecilie who lived in the second or third century was known as the patron saint�of music and was blind.�
Kisses from Argentina!�
Ceci

2 May 2009     

piretraig
Estonia

My name is Piret. In Estonian it doesn �t mean anything, but it comes from Irish name Brighid. it means god of fire, poetry and wisdom. of course when I travel everybody asks what where my parents thinking while naming their daughter a pirate.

2 May 2009     

nikita2008
Argentina

After some reseach..

Romina means from land of Christians,  it has an Arabian origin. I also read it �s Italian, comes from the Romana name that means a tribute to Rome, maybe someone from Italy could confirm that.
In wiki.answers.com I found this:

"It means a name of beauty and helpfulness
to other people , a girl with this name is great hearted and will only be mean if the time is right or when she thinks she should.
She is a good friend and is helpful."

I also found the analysis in numerology in the site suggested here and it was pretty accurate.

Have you heard my name somewhere?

I really enjoyed this!!!!

Kisses and hugs from Buenos Aires.

2 May 2009     

manuelanunes3
Portugal

Hi

I just know that my name Manuela means: God is with us.

2 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >