Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > JUST AN IDEA COCERNING MODERATORS.....    

JUST AN IDEA COCERNING MODERATORS.....

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

JUST AN IDEA COCERNING MODERATORS.....

Hi, my friends! I am one of the moderators of this site and I �ve got the following suggestion: why not to sign our reports and comments? I see that there are a lot of moderators who always sign their comments and I think it �s great! I always do the same but some people leave sometimes very rude and offensive comments without �leaving their name. Of course it �s up to you but it would be fair towards people whose work we are defending or criticising. It is easy to say not very pleasant things and to stay unknown at the same time when nobody can have a look at your own work.

Maybe I �m mistaken but it �s my personal opinion. What do you think of it?

Hugs�

Svetlana (Svetamarik)

6 May 2009      

Vickiii
New Zealand

I think its a great idea.

The problem being that
1) people who are rude - aren �t exactly ethical and therefore don �t bother putting their name.

2) The first comment on every sheet is from the �reporter � not moderators - and they don �t tend to put their name - as they probably don �t realise their name does not show up on the moderator page.

3) Sometimes we forget to put our name even when we intend to.

I would love it if the name just appeared automatically.  It would cut down on unscrupulous anonymous comments.

6 May 2009     

mena22
Portugal

I absolutely agree with you both. The idea of the name appearing automatically as when we post a comment on the forum or a worksheet is great.

Have a nice day.
mena

6 May 2009     

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

Yes, the idea of the name appearing automatically is perfect!I hope Victor will be able to �do something about it. He always does!

Thanks fro your support!

Svetlana

6 May 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Dear Svetlana,
I agree with you, as usual. Let �s see what Victor says about it, if it is technically possible it would be great!!!!

Big hugs,

6 May 2009     

Akanah
Spain

Morning!

I used to think this idea wasn �t good coz it �d only generate more hate and disscussions but, after what I �ve read lately, I really think it should be done.

Olga

6 May 2009     

victor
Spain

It would be easy to add the name automatically, but I also think that it could generate more personal discussions.
I can understand that some moderators prefer not to write their names. We have been criticised so much...

6 May 2009     

svetamarik Svetlana
Russian Federation

We all want the system to be fair and work well. With this option (automatic appearance of the name) people would be more careful with their comments....

Thank you, Victor, for your reply.

6 May 2009     

sazzag
United Kingdom

People don �t have to write a comment.  They can just vote and that �s it.  I do think if people knew their name would be shown they would think twice before writing unprofessional and potentially hurtful comments and that would be a good thing. 

6 May 2009     

jecika
Serbia

I am up for it ... we should give it a try and see what will happen ... hoping for the best outcome

Best of luck!!!

6 May 2009     

Zora
Canada

I agree. Smile I think the name should appear automatically when you vote - whether or not you leave a comment. It �s only fair to the person whose work has been reported. A blind jury is not always a impartial one... and I think that if our names appeared when we voted it would cut down on stuff being reported out of spite, pettiness, revenge or simply because somebody didn �t take the time to check the work before reporting it... and just the stuff that is actually not an ESL resource would, perhaps, be singled out instead.

But as Ladybird say... that �s just my opinion on the matter. I will keep signing my name to the stuff I review and vote for. 

Linda

6 May 2009     

1    2    Next >