Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > tit for tat :)    

tit for tat :)

source
Turkey

tit for tat :)

What a childish style to report the ws of whose owner made a comment on your ws. �An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth � shouldn �t be a teacher �s style... By the way , please all moderators please have a look ath today �s reported ws and you will see mine . �what is the creature wearing? � And if most of you agree on it should be deleted , I wont say antything

but the problem is I commented on caminjapan �s ws on the forum. Lol.

Regards,

7 May 2009      

Zora
Canada

Okay as a fairly impartial moderator (or so I like to think)... We can �t use MES clipart NOR Bogglesworld... it doesn �t matter if Bogglesworld is less vigilant than Mark Cox from MES.

I defended a worksheet a while back that used Bogglesworld Clipart and was told in a private message as well as on the board that it is copyrighted like MES and it should not be used in our worksheets.

Now, I don�t think that it was fair though that Source�s stuff was reported just because she commented on somebody s work. That was wrong and therefore a petty thing to have done to her and perhaps, we should not remove the worksheets for this reason... I dunno... hard call.

But that�s just my view on the take.

7 May 2009     

eng789
Israel

It is only natural to check on the wss of people coming up in the forum to see what they are doing.  If there is something wrong you might be inclined to report it - not necessarily to get back at someone.

I was going through some adjective wss for a test I need to prepare and reported some pages I saw that looked weird or not ESl - just so one of the moderators will take a look at them.

By the way - we  could solve all these arguments if wss with no points were deleted.
It would free up so much space.

I am not commenting on whether the source �s wss should or shouldn �t be deleted because I just saw it- you guys decide.

7 May 2009     

source
Turkey

@eng789 to be honest , it could have been my pleasure if it had been just a  natural check on the wss . But ı �m sorry but it wasnt because reporting issue was just after I made this comment ...http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=7958   Isn �t it interestşng?huh

7 May 2009     

eng789
Israel

If something isn �t according to the rules - what difference does it really make when it gets "hit".  I had 2 of my wss deleted and didn �t cry about it. 

There is too much cheating,  copying, advertising your own wss (possibly through another account) scanning etc.

Maybe we should change the points system to - every time you make someone smile you get to download something for free. 

smiling glitter cherries on stems

7 May 2009     

victor
Spain

Hello,
It was me who reported your worksheet. I saw it in the forum post by caminjapan, but it was not him who reported, it was me.

I see that you added some activities to the flashcards by bogglesworld, but this is a matter of copyright. You have taken the whole sets of flashcards from an ESL website to make an ESL resource for another website. That might be considered a copyright violation, even if you add your own activities.

It was not a revenge. It �s the best for ESLprintables and for bogglesworldesl, whose work we must respect.

Have a nice day,

Victor

7 May 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

I �m sorry. but I must agree with Victor simply because I teach how to write research papers. Perhaps, we should all refrain from using any other ESL site as a basis for adding activities to. I have seen other sites that you can make your own flashcards. There are also plenty of sites that you can use reading materal for as long as you document the site.

Truly, I mean no disrespect to anyone because I �m not an artist either!!!

Carla

7 May 2009     

source
Turkey

Hello , It is interesting , I thought s/he was the one who reported after my comment. Today I have just learnt that the copyright matter. This wasn �t my main issue .I do not want to violate of course. But I got offended his/her attack. Now there is no problem , Thank you.

p.s : By the way I have learnt that you ,Victor also report not contact with the user and have a deal to delete it.

7 May 2009     

sazzag
United Kingdom

I think this just strengthens my belief that it is important to put your name when reporting and making moderator comments on  worksheets either voluntarily or automatically which I  know was discussed at length here yesterday.... 

Misunderstandings are less likely to occur when there is full transparency. 

Just my opinion though. Cool

7 May 2009