Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning powerpoints > Size!!!    

Size!!!

tricia973
Uruguay

Size!!!

I �m about to collapse!! How do you do to upload powerpoint with less than 500 K?? I have nice presentations which are four times that size! Now, I �m trying to do something but I cannot reduce it more and I �m in 525!! Angry
(I �m angry with the situation... So... even when it �s not the best day for me... HAVE A NICE DAY YOU ALL!!) 

14 May 2009      

alien boy
Japan

One of the most common issues with PowerPoint is image size. Like Word, what you think is the real image size (i.e. the picture you see) is not always what is stored in the document.You need to check the formatting of the images & maybe compress or reduce the size of them.

You can also use different programs to do this, as in the example in the following discussion:

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=5766

Good luck!

Regards,
AB

14 May 2009     

tricia973
Uruguay

Thank you alien boy for your reply! I �ve tried to reduce the size of all the images... but I still don �t know what I �m doing wrong.. I have office 2007 in one computer and 2003 in the other.. they are connected trhough a wireless net and when I open the document in office 03 it �s 492 k. Then when I open it in the other computer, the one with windows vista and office 07 it is more than 500!! How could it be possible? I reduced the size of all the images and still doesn �t work.

Something else... I had a picture of 20 k - I know it is not too heavy.. but I wanted to include several pictures this size in pps - I opened it with photoshop to reduce its size and guess what! It ended up a lot much smaller, awful quality and size... 22 k!! This computer stuff is getting on my nerves..t. I know I �ll end up learning about it but meanhwhile...

Well, I �ll follow your advice and I �ll read other post about the subject...

Thanks a lot and HAVE A NICE DAY!! Smile

14 May 2009