Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > I LOST ALL MY WORKSHEETS - HELP ME!!!!    

I LOST ALL MY WORKSHEETS - HELP ME!!!!

wakebeauty
Brazil

I LOST ALL MY WORKSHEETS - HELP ME!!!!

DEAR COLLEAGUES,

I DECIDED TO BUY A PEN DRIVE OF 16 GIGA BYTES TO SAVE ALL MY WORKSHEETS, COZ MY PC WAS TO HEAVY. I DID IT, CUT MY ESL BINDER AND PASTED IT INTO MY PEN DRIVE, THEN WHEN i TRIED TO OPEN THE SUB-BINDERS, THEY DIDN �T EXIST AND EVERYTHING INSIDE THEM WERE LOST... ALL MY WORKSHEETS, MY TIME AND EFFORT... I LOST MY TREASURE. IMAGINE HOW DESPARATE I GOT AND I AM UNTIL NOW!!!!!

I �VE DOWNLOADED MANY WORKSHEETS WITHOUT EVEN LEAVING A "THX" COMMENT, NOW I HAVE NO WAY TO KNOW ALL THE WORKSHEETS I HAD (LOST) AND I NOTHING TO PROVE THAT I REALLY DID... THAT �S A PITY!!!!

BUT IN SOME WORKSHEETS I LEFT A COMMENT, AND I �D LIKE TO KNOW IF THE OWNERS OF THOSE WORKSHEETS COULD SEND THEM TO ME??? OF COURSE I DON �T MEAN YOU LOOK FOR MY COMMENTS ON YOUR WORKSHEETS, BUT IF YOU SEE A  COMMENT OF MINE ON ANY WORKSHEETS OF YOURS AND IF YOU WANT TO HELP ME, PLEASE SEND IT TO ME - IT �LL HELP ME A LOT!!!!!!

MY EMAIL IS: [email protected]

THX A LOT IN ADVANCE,
WAKEBEAUTY.

HOPE IT NEVER HAPPENS TO ANYONE OF YOU!!!! :  ((

15 May 2009      

Spagman63
Hong Kong

Try to check your memory stick BEFORE removing it in the future.  This will make sure you get your files and access to them.  I �m sorry to hear you lost all those files.  HOWEVER, you can download recovery programs that will let you recover deleted files.  Search for them on Yahoo/Google. GL

15 May 2009     

chobby
Mexico

Hi my brazilian colleague Wakebeauty:

I search throughout my printables & I found out you downloaded one of my class plans (actually I can send you all my class plans I have in this site)would you like me to send it to you?  or do you only want worksheets?

15 May 2009     

wakebeauty
Brazil

please, send me your lesson plan - I remember have downloading some lesson plans coz I think they are really great - I don �t know how many of yours I downloaded - if i had left at least a thx comment I would know for sure now - so if you wish you can only send me the one I left a comment!!!!!!

thx a lot for sharing my pain with me... ;  ))

*** spagman, I lost my files yesterday, do you think there �s still time to recover them with the programs you told me?????**********

15 May 2009     

johanne23232
Israel

I sent you an email, would be glad to help, just tell me what you need.  by the way, do try to recover, I �ve done it before.

15 May 2009     

zailda
Brazil

I understand how terrible lost you had, I don �t even want to think about this happenning to me... I know you downloaded some of mines, so I �ll send them to you.

My grandma was iliterate, she couldn �t read and never went to school but she was a wise woman. I remember her saying: never keep all the eggs in the same basket. I do keep my wss in a pen drive (and I record a DVD with them weekly) but I also use 5 storage sites to keep my documents as well. To lose all of them I think all the sites, my computer, the pen drive and all the DVD �s I recorded (I keep them all) had to break down at the same time. Unlikely, huh? Well, we never know...

I recommend you storage your files in Box, Media Fire, Hotmail (skydrive), Scribd, 4share or other storage sites. Most of them offer 5Gb for storage but you can have multiple accounts.

I �ll send you what I have, ok?

Cheers.
Zailda

15 May 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

When I was shifting to Chile - I was determined not to suffer lose of data.

I had my files backed up in the following places:

pendrive
laptop
desktop
DVDs

The pendrive was stolen at the airport.
The laptop crashed and burned and lost everything on it.
The Desktop was being stored in a basement while we were waiting for our house - and it flooded - taking my data with it.
The DVD �s never made it to the house - the box went missing in transit.

So now - I give up - I just print photos I want ASAP and send them to others who want them and I figure my work will be able to be done again if I need to use it again.  No backups needed.  hahahaha....... 

15 May 2009     

Spagman63
Hong Kong

As long as you have not cleaned out your recycle bin you may be able to recover them from there. ALWAYS check that first.  Most people don �t know this but when we delete things they   are NOT gone.  The computer gives them a new name and puts numerical and non-alphabetical symbols at the front to stop them from being opened. A recovery program looks for the recently deleted files. Yes, you should be able to recover them.    A good place to get free and trial software is www.download.com.  I get a lot of great apps from there. GL.

15 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Wakebeauty, I have a question about your pendrive...

Does it still show a portion of the drive as used even though you can �t access any files on there? If it does, is the amount used about the same amount of space that your files would use?

Kind regards,
AB

15 May 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

@ vickiii
You know "Ironic" by Alanis M? LOL
being creative as you are, you could write your own version!

15 May 2009     

borna
Croatia

Wakebeauty,

I don �t know if you downloaded my wss, but I have sent you some of them, if you need more, let me know!

Sasa

15 May 2009     

1    2    Next >