Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Adjective "groovy"    

Adjective "groovy"

lemarja3
Slovenia

Adjective "groovy"

Can anybody help me, please? How would you explain the meaning of the word Groovy (Granny)? I can�t find the appropriate explanation in the dictionaries ... Thanks.

17 May 2009      

boradona
Slovenia

This is what I �ve got. Good luck!

�adjective, groovier, grooviest.

1. Slang. highly stimulating or attractive; excellent: groovy music; a groovy car.

2.inclined to follow a fixed routine.

17 May 2009     

tea4er
Russian Federation

Groovy - (informal old-fashioned) = impressive because of being fashionable or attractive.
This word was especially popular in the 1960s: a groovy hairstyle 

17 May 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Groovy is referred to when we really  like  or find something or someone attractive.

Have you every heard Phil Collins � song A Groovy Kind of Love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNb1EknEF9A

17 May 2009     

ballycastle1
United Kingdom

Having grown up in the 60s, I well remember �groovy � being used as �cool � is now.  So you could have a �groovy chick �, or an outfit could be groovy or even a member of the opposite sex.  Ah, those were the days! (Anybody remember Mary Hopkin?)

17 May 2009     

patufa
Spain

fashionable, attractive and interesting

17 May 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Hi Ballycastle:

I certainly remember Mary Hopkins.  Yes, indeed, those were the days.  Lots of groovy things going on in those days.

17 May 2009     

Rosangella
Brazil

Please, I am in doubt. I say: Do circles or make circles?
can you help me?
Thanks

17 May 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

Do you want them to draw circles or dance in circles or run in circles? It depends on what you want them to do. I hope this helps.

Carla

17 May 2009     

lemarja3
Slovenia

Thanks a lot for your help.

17 May 2009     

Ayaniw
Algeria

Hi! Groovy is slang for attractive, fashionable, or exciting. Groovy is American slang for tedious and dull. - great, excellent, very good (Slang); tending to follow a certain routine - If you describe something as groovy, you mean that it is attractive, fashionable, or exciting. -a word meaning fashionable, modern, and fun, used especially in the 1960s Al.

17 May 2009     

1    2    Next >