Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > An update    

An update

ichacantero
Honduras

An update

Hi everyone... I just wanted to give an update on how my business is doing...

Maybe you remember in the past that I wrote that my school wasn �t doing as well and the problems we �ve been having with the government in my country. Well, I don �t have good news Disapprove I �m closing my school in June. In fact, the situation is so critical that many people are taking about leaving the country, I hope this won �t be necessary in my case, but who knows...

The problem is that we have a president with communist ideals, but that �s not the bad part, the bad part is that these ideas he �s been selling to the people are pure lies and he and the people around him are steeling the country �s money in great speed and quantity. But I was directly affected by the result of the ways of getting the people to be on his side. For instance, in the middle of an economical crisis, in January, he announced the increase of the minimum wage of about 80%. That was enough for many companies to have to close, move of fire many employees... Those being in part, my clients... I lost 60% of my clients at once, when they lost their jobs... then I lost more clients when the government announced that they would prepare a process that allowed the people to choose if the current president could stay in power, forever... That was devastating, more companies left the country, more companies closed, and more companies fired many of their employees... You know where I �m getting at with this... the result, less clients who would spend money on learning english, which is considered a luxury here.

It �s not ALL bad though... in my personal life, I �m happy. My husband is very supportive and he is doing somewhat well in his business. Also, I �m trying to get pregnant and hope to give you good news in that department soon Big smile

I just wanted to let you know how I �ve been Embarrassed and why you haven �t heard from me in such a long time... I hope I can still be of help in the future, although I know I won �t be able to be as active in ESLPRINTABLES as I used to be, since I �ll have to look for a different job Wacko

Thanks for being there for me... Hugs from Honduras Hug
Icha

27 May 2009      

victor
Spain

Hello Icha.
I �m so sorry for that!
I wish you all the best for the future.

Hugs,
Victor

27 May 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Hi Icha
That is such sad news. What a loss for your country that you have to close your school.
I �ve just discovered all your fabulous contributions and I can see you are a very gifted teacher.
I think teachers ought to be in power - not stupid corrupt politicians.
Wishing you the very best.
Libertybelle

27 May 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

May the best be ahead for you. Your news is sad but it was great to hear from you. Do take care and good luck in your quest to become a mother.

27 May 2009     

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

I�m so sorry to hear that Icha, you know we are living a similar situation here in Argentina. I know what you`re talking about.

Sadly, we are used  to live in crisis, but each time is worse, cause more countries are suffering from the same.

I hope a better future for all.  I wish you the best ! GO AHEAD!!!!!

good luck with the pregnancy ! meanwhile enjoy it ! :) and dont let you down,

when there is a will , there is a way!

hugsHug 

naby

27 May 2009     

anaisabel001
Spain

I �m sorry about your news.

Good luck !

Un beso.

27 May 2009     

Zora
Canada

I wish you well Icha, and remember - when one door closes, another always opens somewhere else. Smile

So stay positive, and hopefully things will all work out like they should.

Good luck.

Linda

27 May 2009     

yogiba61
Spain

You were doing a great job here Inca and I �m sure that your students will miss you a lot. I wish you all the best and I hope things improve for you. Relax and think about your possible preganancy. Don �t leave us and come here from time to time. My best wishes for hapiness and a better future.

Huggies

Yolanda

28 May 2009     

Mishuna
Argentina

Zora couldn �t say it better....bad things come for a reason....maybe it �s time for you to be a mom Embarrassed

I hope everything get well soon...for all of us.

You are a great teacher and you �ll always work things out.

A big Hug from Argentina...

28 May 2009     

natval
Greece

Hi Inca,
I know how it feels having to close your school down. I �ve been there you see!! You know what �s strange? I didn �t have time to work out my feelings since I got pregnant immediatelySmile!!! Now I have two wonderful daughters and a new school. You �re a very creative person so you �ll find your way around.

I wish you the best. Keep smiling please and let us know how you �re doing

Natasha

28 May 2009     

ichacantero
Honduras

You are all so kind... I �ll always be checking in, and hopefully be helpful whenever you need me Wink You have proven to be more than friends.

28 May 2009     

1    2    3    4    Next >