Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > To Victor! Is it fair?    

To Victor! Is it fair?

GIOVANNI
Canada

For me, I love this site.  It has helped me so much and has saved me numerous hours.  Everything is at my fingertips when needed.  If I need advise it is there.  If I need a worksheet it is there.  I have been teaching for many years but, I still feel like I am learning. 
It has been an experience for me.  When I started I couldn �t even  make a half decent worksheet and with the help of other members I finally learned how.  It isn �t important to me what others do regarding uploading.  I have personal joy when someone downloads my work.    I also feel that you can �t force people to upload.  True, some are givers and some are takers.  But, I glad to know that I do have the choice.  Some people create in different ways.  Let it be.

28 May 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Good point manonski Maybe when we download, our name could automatically appear but there could also be an extra box that says "Do you have any comments to add?" That way, we would know who downloaded our work and who also took time to leave a comment
I agree with you

28 May 2009     

gloriawpai
Brazil

I agree with AnnaP, Spagman63, frenchfrog, Giovanni and whoever thinks about the same. Just let it be. 

28 May 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

Dear Harim.

I can�t agree with you either. I�ve been a member just for a couple of months now and I�m proud of it. But I am not able to create so many (or so great) worksheets to earn 100points/month. Just for your information: till today I created 11wss, 1 powerpoints and 1 online exercise and I�ve got about 140 points. And for the whole time I�ve been registered here I downloaded just 14 wss from other members. I�m really greatful I can contribute on this pages but if they should change the way UR suggesting, I would have to leave here. And I think it wouldn�t be only me.  Unhappy
I am happy so many people here think the same way as me.

So please,  think twice before U put up such an idea. Wink

28 May 2009     

renca
Czech Republic

Hi there,
I would say that Harim�s suggestion would discourage people from joining this site, from the above mentioned reasons like lack of time, imagination etc... I�ve been here for a year now, and have seen a lot of moaning about the idea of exchanging itself, some teachers would prefer to pay to preparing some worksheets, and others...... well others were surprised that thngs were not for free like in other sites on the web...

28 May 2009     

mendiv
United States

I agree that requiring a minimum 100 points per month is unrealistic.  I have been a member for quite a while, and I only have 116 points.   I cannot control who likes and/or needs what I post.
  Plus, I have very little time to create new worksheets.  One of the reasons I love this site is that it saves me time.  I create worksheets when I must, because there isn �t one available.  The rest of the time, I look on here and download one that fits my topic.  There is no reason to spend time reinventing the wheel.  I certainly don �t have time to create new worksheets purely to be uploaded here, when I fight for time to make the ones I need for specific lessons.
  Also, I really appreciate the hard work of everyone in this community.  I wouldn �t want all these really great worksheets to be buried under a mountain of unhelpful worksheets that would appear simply because people are required to submit more.

28 May 2009     

moniq2
Mexico

It is really strange to talk about this topic. I have seen that many people have done many worksheets and they are great and I love them. On the contrary,  I haven �t created many but If you see my work is kind of different and i have all the complet materials, that is something that not many people do. They give one worksheet by one. In my situation I think it will be kind of impossible to create materials and materials very often. So, think about that.

I enjoy this site and i guess you do, so let �s do that.
Moniq 2

28 May 2009     

dennismychina
China

I�ve said it before and I�ll ashamedly admit it again. I am one of those leaches who has been downloading, not uploading and leaving very few messages of thanks. For the past few months I�ve been much busier than in the past and quite frankly would have been up the proverbial creak if it wasn�t for this site. I just don�t have the time at the moment.

For my older, more advanced students there aren�t many appropriate W/S or PPt�s  available so that is where my energies have been going. And it�s not much point in uploading them because they look pretty boring, without any borders, no clip art and no shading. Hopefully the time thing will change in a couple of months � but until then�����.

28 May 2009     

verybouncyperson
Spain

I agree with Silke - upload worksheets which aren �t bright and colourful.  As I said on my main page, our school doesn �t have colour copying facilities and so unless I want to print something in colour on my home computer, I always go for black and white.
Whatever you �ve created, someone will find it useful!!!

T :) 

29 May 2009     

hamid993
United States

I juste wanted to say harim that you are lucky and clever. with 12 work sheets you have made over 1000 points but for some of us per worksheet we get less points and paying a 100 points per month! well only you will be left here after a year.

29 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >