Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > To Victor! Is it fair?    

To Victor! Is it fair?

Allisa
Bulgaria

I have uploaded only 3 printables and 1 Power Point presentation. And respectively I have only 52 points. However, I don �t feel embarrassed when downloading. I hardly ever use the 30 free downloads I have per day. Actually I prefer to sift through the things uploaded earlier and to choose one or two of them which I find more useful than the daily contributions - and downloading them is not free as you know. I take only what I need and I upload only what I find useful. I agree with those of you who think that quality is more important than quantity. 
And what I want to say about leaving comments is: the very fact that I �m downloading shows my approval. I leave some words only when there is no comment before mine but I find it useless when there are already several comments "Thank you" and I have nothing more to say.

30 May 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

I agree with all those who said that they could do with more "serious" less colourful worksheets for older students.

I teach up to age 19 and feel it �s a shame that the age categories here end at 14+. (Why is that the case??)
My older students would laugh their heads off if I confronted them with the colourful sheets with lots of pictures and cliparts. And there is no way I can make colour copies in my school.

There must be lots of teachers out there who teach 15, 16, 17, 18 and 19 year-olds - where are your worksheets? I think they deserve an extra section on this site.

I could contribute several worksheets for older students but feel discouraged because most people here seem to go for colours and pictures and ignore worksheets that look plain and "boring".
The sheet about writing an interior monologue I uploaded yesterday didn �t attract anybody �s attention, so why should I bother to upload sheets on interpretation, stylistic and rhetorical devices, on how to interpret political speeches, on means of persuasion etc.
Is there something we can do about it?

30 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3