Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Ranting again...    

Ranting again...

PhilipR
Thailand

I agree that it feels good sometimes to read comments. However, I do not expect everyone to keep repeating how grateful and thankful they are. I guess it just takes too much time to leave a comment for some. A simple one-click Thank-you button might solve this. On the other hand, this kind of button will undermine the written comment and most won �t bother to leave a comment anymore.
By the way, I, for one, am guilty of often not leaving comments when downloading. Sorry, but not really.

5 Jun 2009     

eng789
Israel

It�s their "parents" fault,  they weren �t taught proper manners, like saying thank you.

Sound familiar?????

Have a great weekend everyone.

5 Jun 2009     

Katiana
Spain

To David Lisgo

No matter how good or bad a ws is, the author will always deserve that "thank you" comment. As I have already said it is a question of good manners, something we teach our students every day.

Dear Missola I totally agree with you. Some members are very active in the forum but seem not to have time to write comments on the wss.

To Ivona
If people didn�t complain, there would be no progress. Complaining is just the first step to get things changed, but we must take action too. Have you ever thought what could happen if most members here stopped contributing to show their disappointment when they don�t recieve those thank you messages? Maybe this would make others react. If workers didn�t go on strike, they would never get what they ask for.

5 Jun 2009     

s.lefevre
Brazil

Although is is very nice to see the comments and a lot of thanks, it would be not so nice ( I think) if people who have over 100 downloads a day, had to read all the comments and thanks. It is nice, but timetaking. I like to check people who leave me a comment, the new ones specialy, but I could not do it if everyone leaves a comment. I don �t leave a comment all the time if it is an old member and if I have thanked a lot of times before and if there are already 30 or more comments. I always leave a message when it is a new member. Sometimes, I leave a private message in order to thank for all the worksheets I have taken or will take in the future. That doen �t mean that I don �t respect the work of my collegues, just common sense.
I hope that I hav not ofended anyones feeling
A big hug, and a nice weekend and next week ( as I �m going to travel and won �t be here for a week)
your friend from Brazil
Silvia

5 Jun 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

Wow! I am sincerely super, super SORRY! I, too, have downloaded without saying thank you. There are so many wonderful worksheets that I felt if the person already had several comments and many points that he/she knew he/she is appreciated. Therefore, I tried to thank people who were beginners. I have learned my lesson.

My mother did teach me better.

Carla

5 Jun 2009     

Minie
France

I agree with you all ! But as you may know, old habits die hard... Unfortunately !
Hopefully things will eventually change...
A great day to all of you !

5 Jun 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Hi Minie. I hope it will change too. �But as you so wisely say "old habits die hard". Thats why I suggested a "RANTER �S CORNER" for people to complain in. It can get a bit boring when �we see almost EVERY board here "peppered" with this constant complaining. I was merely suggesting the setting up of a "room" for those who feel the need to complain in which to gather and in which to vent their frustrations. They could even call for "strike" action if someone forgets to thank them for their workLOLClown. �
Have a great day all.
Caroline�Hug

5 Jun 2009     

Katiana
Spain

I don�t feel the need to complain but I have the right to do it. I�m not going to call anyone on strike but I would certainly feel a little bit happier If I hadn�t had to read some sarcastic comments!!!

5 Jun 2009     

frenchfrog
France

You don �t �have to � write Thank You!!!! Just click on �send � and your avatar will show!

I HATE THIS ANONYMITY!!

I felt very sad for fede117 this morning when I downloaded her very nice worksheet.

I am well aware that it is a never-ending story. We have to get used to seeing some members stay anonymous, they will have to get used to our expressing our disappointment and frustration once in a while!

Have a nice day!

5 Jun 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

�Ah Katiana. �It was an ironic remark and I was trying to bring a little humour into this all too familiar torrent of bickering and grumbling. It �s so boring for many of us here. Nag! nag! nagging unceasingly!� Why of why are some STILL not happy to follow his directions. We DO know how upset people are about their WS being taken unjustly. It does NOT have to be repeated in so many threads over and over again. We DO understand. We are not students who need all this repeating and repeating. �We are supposed to be mature adults. We do not need to be brainwashed �into getting the message. I wish that people who complain constantly would "lighten up" a little and enjoy the site . They will get old before their time �with worry if they dont.�
Take care,
CarolineHug

5 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >