Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Ranting again...    

Ranting again...

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

Some people here just remind me of miss ESL Illinois, always complaining and trying to dictate what we could or couldn �t say on the forum as if this was her website.
Always complaining but hardly ever (almost never) contributing.

This forum belongs to Victor and to all members, and as you can see, we ALL use it for a wide variety of purposes; to ask for help, to make remarks, to complain, to share useful information and so on, so please, those who only enjoy reading jokes and that kind of stuff, please, DON �T READ IT, but do NOT tell us what we have to use this forum for because that �s a thing ONLY VICTOR can say.

Have a nice day,

ps. There �s not a rule saying that you MUST read all the posts here so as I said before, if a post doesn �t interest you, DON �T READ IT.

5 Jun 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Hi Mar..yes I get the hidden message, But I cannot agree with you. To say that I have contributed so little is totally OTT! �Yes I may not contribute as you do through WSs...but I have contributed in so many other ways ..especially through PMs and emails. I have learned a lot too through the posts! �I again repeat myself as I have done in other posts..ESL is NOT just about WSs..It is MUCH more. Maybe I am no "prima donna " here but at least I am not a "Grump" either .
�caroline�Hug

5 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Ok. I �m not going to write replies to those who addressed me because a lot has been said, and yet nothing done. There have been 24 replies till now, PLUS a 100 or more in previous threads, and we �re still at
GROUND ZERO.
None of has come forward with a suggestion as to how to solve the problem.
Get my point??

5 Jun 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

To Katiana,

I don �t mean to imply that a "thank you" isn �t necessary and I agree that it is "a question of good manners".  My "promise" is as much to myself as to others.  It is to remind me to be thankful for the hard work others are doing on my behalf and to bite my tongue if I feel upset or resentful because so few people have expressed their gratefulness towards my own work.  Others must react in their own way and I respect this.

I really appreciate it when people do take the time to send a short message of appreciation.  I feel I have made a new friend and hope I have.

Sincerely,
David

5 Jun 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Several suggestions have been made, but none of them satisfy the vocal minority who insist upon �thank you � as being the most appropriate comment on a worksheet (if you´ve nothing else to say). Those members who appear to believe otherwise - which seems to be the �silent majority �, at least statistically, as is lamented by frenchfrog & stated in her quoted figures - obviously don �t really care about the opinion of the minority.

I personally feel that a cut & paste or 2 second �thank you � ad nauseum/infinitum is as meaningless/ful as a �thank you � button (I know I mentioned this what seems like eons ago...). It may actually increase the incidence of expressed (albeit not necessarily �personalised �(?) �Thank you � messages - which really are a dime a dozen in their expressive variety...

So, if you believe damned lies & statistics, the majority of members obviously do not believe a �thank you � comment is necessary.

I agree that it �s ok to bring the comment into the forum anytime. People can join discussions or not as they please them... but the �silent majority� won�t change. Most forum discussions are generally a case of �preaching to the converted � or ineffectual in converting the heathens.

Oh well, that�s the end of my rant for now...

CHeers,
AB

5 Jun 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

Hi! I �d  never use a thank you button! I �ll keep on writing a message myself, with my fingers... and my heart !!!!!!!!!
About me: on the day following the uploading of my work, I love to look at the comments and sometimes I reply to personal remarks or correct a mistake if I �ve made one ; on the next day, I hardly look at the number of points I �ve made - I don �t need so many!!!! LOL) I read the comments and I look at the avatars. I �m so happy when the same dear members download my work!!! (Thanks Sylvie if you �re still around!!!!)
 Maybe that �s the most important? To get a handful of quality comments rather an anonymous list of usernames?

Enjoy your weekend, dear friends!
Heart
Aimee

5 Jun 2009     

alien boy
Japan

it certainly is a case of different strokes for different folks.

maybe the answer is to be happy to receive ANY response - if that is what makes you happy!

5 Jun 2009     

fede117
Italy

Hello people,

I haven �t seen this thread until now.... Thanks a lot for your support. I appreciated it a lot.
I don �t mind if people don �t leave a thank you note - only it �s sometimes disappointing because it �s not only a matter of " oh yeah! I am really good, I have got bla bla bla downloads", it �s also a matter of knowing what other teachers � think of your work, so to leave space to improvements and acknowledge. Anyway for once I want to thank all the people who left really nice comments. I am really happy that you liked my ws and that you will (maybe) use them for a good cause! :-)
thanks Frenchfrog, I have already sent you a private message this morning.

5 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3