Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > My name is also used for voting    

My name is also used for voting

agkk
Turkey

My name is also used for voting

I don �t know how to copy paste the reported contribution here but it is a worksheet about drawing a pet and writing its name. I came across while I was voting for the reported contributions one by one and while reading the comments first, I saw my name but I didn �t write that comment. How can it be happen? The voting buttons were also not there.

I also remember Akanah had similar problem a few hours ago.

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=9148

Ayşe

5 Jun 2009      

mena22
Portugal

Hi! I believe there must be something wrong with the system, because my name also appears in a comment that I am sure I haven �t made on the last few days. However, I find it hard to believe that someone is using our name to vote. I �d prefer to think that there is some kind of error in the system and some of the previous worksheets in which we have voted before are for some rerason appearing again in the reported contributions page.

mena

5 Jun 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Dear Mena!
I love your positive thinking, but I believe there �s a bad intention behind this, not an error in the system since we have to type the names ourselves... how can this get mixed up...???
I smell a rat..
Cyn

5 Jun 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

I think what has happened is when a worksheet goes up for moderation, people comment on it. BUT if it is decided that it stays I think the website remembers the comments. If the worksheet is reported AGAIN then the OLD comments are there and if you have already commented then you CANNOT vote again as the link is not there.

I have noticed this before, and I definitely remember the "stair" worksheets that are back on the moderating page again.... So nothing sneaky or underhand about this... they could be from  while back... and if you do not have the link to vote, that means that you already have previously voted on that particular printable.

5 Jun 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

You are right Cheezels, you can �t vote more than once on each contribution, but what agkk and akanah are saying is that they didn �t write those comments... I think that �s strange...

5 Jun 2009     

mena22
Portugal

Thank you dear Cyn and Cheezels. I �m glad I was right this time. Then it is a worksheet on which I have previously voted. Only that I thought it was an error in the system. I had never noticed that the Old comments appeared when a worksheet was reported for the 2nd time. thank you so much for clarifying it to us dear cheezels.

Hugs,
mena

5 Jun 2009     

agkk
Turkey

Hi Mena,
I think you are right. It must be system error. Because I remeber I �ve written that comment before for one of the reported contributions (Its an esl resource. Useful for kids. (agkk)) and as I said before there were no voting buttons under the reported contribution which means the system sees me as if I have voted for it. I don �t think someone can know my password. And if someone knows my password will that person use it for voting or downloading some worksheets? Yes, it must be a system error.

Thanks for your comment.

Ayşe

5 Jun 2009     

agkk
Turkey

While I was typing I didn �t see cheesels comment. You are right. I think it is exactly as what you said. And dear CynW I did that comment before but I don �t remeber for which contributions. And according to cheesels � explanations it can be this worksheet.

Thanks my firends. I think everything is clear now. I hope Akanah is reading these comments.

Best wishes

Ayşe

5 Jun 2009     

source
Turkey

Ohh this is a really disturbing thing , I think there are some members who want to play nasty games.... I hope Hero Victor will do something about it , I mean when we comment on a reported ws , our nickname will automatically appear beneath our comment....This is better not only for this situation but also other harsh comments...

5 Jun 2009     

Akanah
Spain

I hope it �s a system error, we have enough "fights" here to add a new one.

Best wishes from Spain

Olga

5 Jun 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Can everyone PLEASE take a step back and think logically? I have seen my own comments on worksheets that I definitely remembered voting on with my name BEFORE today... I definitely recognise the step sheets that  are back.... as other sheets that I have voted on previously... it is not a system error it is not someone being nasty... it really is what it is... and that is a previously reported worksheet that was saved has been reported again. Hence, if you have already voted on it, you cannot vote again.
Simple really.

5 Jun 2009     

1    2    Next >