Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help Me Grade this piece of Writing!!!!    

Help Me Grade this piece of Writing!!!!

alien boy
Japan

Good advice Harim, I usually do the same. It means I can mark all the assignments on a level playing field that way & leave any other personal biases aside (e.g. do I like/have issues with the kid, for example)

In any case, the kid deserves a great commendation (& written feedback) for his thinking, approach & communicative ability!

8 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I �d give him no less than 5. My grade 5 don �t write as well. You �re quite lucky to have that level of English in a fifth grader.

8 Jun 2009     

shelly_pamm
Brazil

Well Nebal, I think you are better than anybody else here to give him a grade just because we don �t know your student. I think besides the text you have to consider other aspects like: Has he developed his abilities in writing texts in English?; Has he learned new structures and vocabulary? I think his grade should be between five to six. I like the way he wrote the passage and if he �s a good and smart student as you told us, I think he will learn much more from his mistakes. You just have to call his attention for the mistakes he committed.
I hope it helps! Smile

8 Jun 2009     

source
Turkey

I got jealous dear nebal . He is pretty good I think. He deserves 5 and you can encorage him by saying that without these spelling mistakes you could get 6.. And you know we as teachers should teach how to be a good person. And you are good at it as  he has the features of being a good person. Kiss him for me :)

8 Jun 2009     

anlu79
Germany

How many years of English practice does this student have? At which grade did he start?
I agree with most others that this looks like a really good piece of work, my students have all learned English for 6 or more years and not all of them write this well!

8 Jun 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Okay Anlu, he has been practising English for five years. He is now 10 years old.

Sth. to add here. He reads a ot of English stories, he watches Disney films, and he always helps me to explain things to his friends . He even likes to test his friends � understanding when I teach a grammar lesson, for instance. He chooses hard ones.

8 Jun 2009     

HARIM
Morocco

I agree with alien boy.This student doesn �t only need his due mark.He also needs a written feedback and some positive oral reinforcement in front of all the other students in acknowledgment of his good work.

8 Jun 2009     

mariamit
Greece

I agree with AB also. I think you should give him a 5 or 6 but let him know what you thought. Positive feedback will encourage him to be more careful next time and will benefit him. Harim �s comment about positive oral reinforcement in front of all the other students, I think is also a must.

8 Jun 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

I always write feedbacks. This very student of mine deserves the best!!!

8 Jun 2009     

spring
Turkey

This child is pretty good Neby for a 5th grader.
My 5th grade Ss cannot write such paragraphs.
But the questions is that how is the rest of the group????
I don �t know the  level of your class.
For writing assessments I am scoring out of 100.
Just categorize your areas like spelling-from which he will lose points-grammar,handling with language,using new vocabulary and e.t.c
But I guess he deserves a good mark Wink..

8 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    Next >