Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > wonder world music    

wonder world music

mr.dgdln
Turkey

wonder world music

hi all of dear colleagues,
I �m begging your pardons for this message. I should have written this message on The Teacher �s cafe,I know. but I want it to be seen by more people.
I �m crazy about music, just listening to it (Tongue) and I wonder what the teachers all over the world listens to.
I know quite much about Greek music. I �m really affected by Nikos Vertis terrific voice full of emotion even if I don �t understand a single word.
I want to have an idea about other countries music,sounds.
what do you listen that takes you somewhere else from the place you are at?
can you recommend some pieces of music to me from your country?
thanks...

(I �ll write this msg from time to time till I �m content. forgive me in advance Approve)

8 Jun 2009      

source
Turkey

Oww great , Actually I was thinking of bringing up an issue like that... Cause I �m also curious about others favourite singers or songs... I like Italian , Greek and Spanish songs most. It �ll be welcomed if u suggest . I love Anathema �s songs and I can recommend Sertab Erener �s songs for others. You can recall her as she was the winner of eurovision 2003. Good topic
, we can learn our music taste. Clap

8 Jun 2009     

spring
Turkey

Nice topic.
Melodies are always good for our souls and the rhythms change according to my mood.
But every time Enya and Andrea Bocelli are my favourites.

8 Jun 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

So interesting, dear teacher.

Music is my life. I listen to music when I �m eating, reading, preparing lessons, correcting test, etc......  I like all kinds of music , but I prefer the oldies!!!!

My favourites are Andrea Bocelli as Pinar, Celine Dion, Whitney Houston, George Michael, Lionel Richi, Diana Ross, and many others I can �t remember now.

Two of my favourite songs  are  Careless Whispers by George Michael and Hello by Lionel Richi.

Hugs,
Nebal

8 Jun 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Nebal, if they �re oldies to you, I must be ancient! (but fortunately not as ancient as some of other members...)

I think Elvis Presley, Louis Armstrong, Fred Astaire, Bessie Smith & the like when I think �oldies � but not orchestral!

Careless whispers & Hello take me back to high school... ouch Ouch

8 Jun 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

As for recommending music from Croatia, I highly recommend Gibonni - his lyrics and music are beyond the borders of my country... Depends on the type of music you generally like to listen to... some of it touches you, some of it doesn �t...

8 Jun 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Oh AB, You reminded me of Louis Armstrong �s " What a Wonderful World" and Elvis Presley �s You Don �t Have to Say You love Me ".How I love these two songs .

8 Jun 2009     

johanne23232
Israel

If I had to choose the best singer from Israel, I would have to say Noa. She is simply amazing.  You can watch her singing the theme song from the film  Life Is Beautiful on You tube, and while you �re at it, watch her sing Uri . 

8 Jun 2009     

poleta
Spain

My favourite singers are:

Jorge Drexler ( "Guitarra y vos"-) Alejandro Sanz (No es lo mismo) -Rosana (Llegaremos a tiempo)-Pasion Vega(Alfonsina y el mar) -Amaral (el universo sobre mi)

Enjoy them!

8 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I love:
Silje Nergaard
Corinne Bailey Rae
Sarah McLachlan
A Fine Frenzy
The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Amos Lee
Abba
Barenaked Ladies
Ayo
Billy Joel
Colbie Caillat
Crowded House
Five For Fighting
Francis Cabrel
George Benson
George Michael
Huey Lewis and the News
Foreigner
Jack Johnson
Jann Arden
John Mayer
John Mellencamp
Lizz Wright
Michael Bubl�
Melissa Etheridge
Neil Diamond
Paul Simon
Queen
Rigmor Gustafsson
Sade
Supertramp

And a lot lot more. I can �t live without music, I have two Ipods and they are full.

8 Jun 2009     

mariamit
Greece

It would be difficult to pick the best Greek singer at this point. Sakis Rouvas is very popular so is Anna Vissi- although I don �t prefer either of them personally. I listen to all types of music and not only in English. My favourite songs are "What a wonderful world" - Louis Armstrong, "Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin and "Winds of Change" by the Scorpions. I also like Frank Sinatra very much. Like Manonski I  also like Sarah McLachlan, The Beatles, Abba,  Barenaked Ladies, Billy Joel, Melissa Etheridge, Neil Diamond, Paul Simon, Queen. The Rolling Stones are in a category of their own and I simply adore them.

8 Jun 2009     

1    2    Next >