Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Check the ESL cafe! I just posted THIS there ...     

Check the ESL cafe! I just posted THIS there ...

Ivona
Serbia

Check the ESL cafe! I just posted THIS there ...

Ahhhhhh people, or better, ladies! (oh, and a few but valuable gents!) stop hiding behind those eye-candies and cute puppies and catties!
I DARE YOU

show your teacher faces

- with OR without make up
- with hair tied at the back so it is not in the way OR neatly done for going out
- with circles around your hypnotised eyes due to the 10-hour staring at the screen doing the typing, copying, pasting, printing, snipping OR with rested eyes right after a cup of coffee and checking the forum
- being annoyed over trivial things and banging on the keyboard because you want to be heard, and then getting frustrated at the fact that the other one on the other side of the cyber world cannot hear you, so you overuse the "!" and "?" marks, and then get the "awwwws" and "love you �s" from the friends from around here and everything is fine again OR making a joke out of life because there �s no POINT Wink in taking it (too) seriously
It might help

Why not CHALLENGE THE PREJUDICES and pre/misconceptions we seem to have of each other???
Cool

EDIT: Ok, i�ve just been informed of this thread. You might want to CHECK IT FIRST prior to any posting.
http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=764

10 Jun 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

Go the the teacher �s cafe. You �ll find me there.

Because... "I �ll be there for you... �cause you �re there for me too"

10 Jun 2009     

Isabelucha
Portugal

I �m at the teacher �s caf� too Ivona. :-) Check it out! Lets have a cup of coffee all together!

10 Jun 2009     

Emmawoodhouse
France

I �ve just read your post and I �ve decided to change my avatar for a photo.... You �re quite right, it �s much nicer to see everyone. This website is just great!! Nathalie

10 Jun 2009     

Zora
Canada

I dared! Who else is up for the challenge??? Wink

10 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Hmmmm, we keep calling ourselves �teachers �, �moderators �, �nitpickers �, �preachers �, �brats � (yep, that �s me Tongue) while we �re only �humans� just like everyone else, with all the strengths and weaknesses that come along as a part and parcel of the DNA �s we get from our parents ...

Sorry, but must quote my dear Lear:

"They flattered me like a dog, and told me I had white hairs in my beard ere the black ones were there. To say �ay � and �no � to everything was no good divinity. When the rain came to wet me once and wind to make me chatter, when the thunder would not peace at my bidding, there I found �em, there I smelt �em out! Go to, they are not men o � their words: they told me I was everything; �tis a lie � I am not ague-proof."

Nice to meet you! Love ya all! Hug
(mustn �t get soppy, mustn �t get soppy ... ahem) Cool

10 Jun 2009     

luc8625
Belgium

You �re right. From the first day I put my photo and I find , as you do, that it �s better to have
a snapshot than "the Simpsons" or anything else! By the way I like the Simpsons ..
Many kisses from Belgium.

10 Jun 2009     

Irineu Henrique de Lima
Brazil

IVONA,

FIRST OF ALL, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS. I THINK SHOWING OUR FACES IS FAR MORE INTERESTING THAN CHOOSING SOMETHING ELSE INSTEAD. I HAVE THE NEED  I AM DEALING WITH REAL PEOPLE ... AND THAT �S WHAT YOU ARE, RIGHT?
IVONA, THANKS FOR THE VALUABLE GENT!! HAVE A GOOD DAY YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!1

10 Jun 2009     

mrlypy
Brazil

I absolutel agree! That �s whay I have already uploaded my cute picture since my membership.

10 Jun 2009     

Nabila Manzur
Argentina

I agree!!!!

some people maybe intent to protect their image, not only just from �visitors�with bad intentions who can be found ocaccionally here, but from surfers, who can easily copy and paste the pics and maybe do �things �on the web with them.

Particularly, i don�t care. that�s why i have upladed mine and what�s more, i often change it, cause i love changing and keeping moving.

A great day for all of you !!!!

naby :)

10 Jun 2009     

LAMERCHE
Spain

To tell you the truth ....I don �t mind about photos or pictures...In fact, I DARE  and even decide to change my image quite often. I sometimes use my photo and sometimes a flower or a drawing.It all depends on the day or how I feel. Finally I �d like to say that lately this forum focuses on non-ESL topics such as points.... and points... and more points and now photos!!!

Hugs 

P.D.: May I use EMOTICONS? Wink

10 Jun 2009     

1    2    Next >