Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Some rude moderators! who don īt give a chance to new members! The old ones feel they are like a clan or something!?     

Some rude moderators! who don īt give a chance to new members! The old ones feel they are like a clan or something!?

Princess.Fiona
Argentina

Some rude moderators! who don īt give a chance to new members! The old ones feel they are like a clan or something!?

It should be removed. mena

Yes, it should be removed
No, it shouldn īt be removed

Comments:

are we allowed to copy layouts and other peoples style? i thought this was menas. and why do people who appreciate menas work download this. cant it be called being disrespectful?

Remove it, please.

In my opinion copying someones style so blantantly is like "identity theft" and shouldnt be allowed! Youre cashing in on someone elses hard work! I think its unfair even if its not a direct word-for-word copy of their work. (alex1968)

Fortunately I hadnt downloaded this ws, because I did really think it was Menas! I do agree that everybody should be inspired by someone but come one!...doing the same thing, the same frame, the same style?? Remember what happened with Rosario Pacheco..sorry but shes been copying other peoples style.So this ws should definitely be removed!

I thought it was Menas. I didnt download it. Although we use the same cliparts or frames, all ws should be different ... Definitely, this is not the case, so it should be removed. Txs. Silvy1903

Why should this be removed? It doesnt say in the rules nothing about layouts!!! Some time ago Rosario did the same with Paulas layout and I saw you all claiming that it shouldnt be removed!!!! Why does it have to be removed now? Arent we all the same? I definitely think that moderators werent fair with Paula. A layout is something almost personal, its our ID here. It isnt fair to be copied. But for now, and as we didnt removed Rosarios work, we shouldnt remove this one too. And please, lets create some rules about layouts! Teresa

It SHOULD NOT be removed, because there isnt, and I believe there couldnt possibly be, any rules that prevent other members from using our layouts and clip arts. If we already have a lot of trouble controlling the reported contributions, imagine what it would be like if we had to check layouts. However, as I have said in other occasions and as I myself have privatemessaged this member, I do not agree with this attitude at all and think each of us should look for his/her own style. This member has kindly answered my message and apologised saying he/she badly needed points and had little time. So I believe in the future this wont happen. mena

I agree with Mena & I am happy the person was sorry...I think one should not use another members layout - I never download ws which do. Voted should not be removed , thanks to Mena :o) Stexstme

It shouldnīt be removed.

It is tough moderating on this one. Is this ethical? For me no. Some people have really unique style here and they should be asked permission. But...but..but there is no rule about using someones style. I have to vote to not remove. (manonski)

Remove it, please.You cant copy someone elses style like this

You are so mean...Some comments here are quite rude...Is not necessary to give this new user classes of moral or ethics...Just tell her/him that is better if each one of us create our own style...What that about:ĻFortunately I hadnt downloaded this ws�...In my opinion thats so ofensive...As I wrote before: everyone grows up...And learn...They just need time...I know most of you are loyal to the old and hardworking members but the newones needs the same oportunity...(Im Lety)

I vote to stay. But I hope shell try hard to make her own style. On the other hand the "Spiral binding" text boxes had been used in many books long before Mena was born. If the layout of 2 spiral bindings and 2 texboxes is something unique... Well I really dunno... There are more contributors using Spiral binding textboox, some are even painted by themselves... Are those spirals stolen from Mena? No, I do not suppose so...

11 Jun 2009      

manonski (f)
Canada

I wonder how a person with 0 points managed to get a copy of the moderators comments...

11 Jun 2009     

meuge
Argentina

Hey manonski!!!
I was wondering myself the same thing.... strange....Wink uhh..  It seems to be a newly-born account....

See you around...

11 Jun 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

You are totally right Manonski!

11 Jun 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

I wish people could stop accusing moderators of being rude. I read all the comments and I saw only one impolite remark.  If the moderators, who have to evaluate a great ammount of materials copied from websites and from other members, wss written in various idioms, non esl contributions�decided that your own contribution had to be removed, please accept that fact and try to learn something from it. 

This is a great community of teachers who share their wss, their knowledge and their opinions. I am afraid that you have started off with the wrong foot.

11 Jun 2009     

sirah
Argentina

Why?? there are two messages signed by mena,I think that the one that mena wrote is the longest one where she says IT SHOULD NOT BE REMOVED
Patricia

11 Jun 2009     

meuge
Argentina

You are right Patricia..

I think that the shortest one was added on purpose so as to cause confussion...

I think we shouldn īt take into account such insinuations...and discuss this issue in its right place... what was decided cannot be changed...

11 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Well said Meuge. I īve reread all the comments and I īm trying to find what was written that was so rude. I īve seen worse in terms of rudeness.
I īm turning off. Goodnight.

11 Jun 2009     

lomasbello
Venezuela

I recommend you (Cuchinerita) that if you really want to belong to this teachers community you should be honest not only with yourself but with the rest of your colleguees that try to do their best!! I think you are capable to do as creative ws as the ones that are alrealdy uploaded. You can maybe have a look at the others ws and try to follow some parameters that are already set but each human being has his /her own creativity. Work on this!!! I īm sure you will succeed!! Moderators are more experienced and according to that they vote for removing or not a ws. Remember that teachers are models to follow and there has to be a coherence between what we say and what we do!!

11 Jun 2009     

paula_esl
Portugal

You īre right, lomasbello, "Moderators are more experienced and according to that they vote for removing or not a ws... there has to be a coherence between what we say and what we do!!". That worksheet was removed although there are no rules against copying layouts, which means that moderators were not very coherent and usually vote in a very partial way. Unfortunately, it has happened before.

11 Jun 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Dear Paula, While there are no rules about copying about 90% of other teachers � work, changing a few things here, others there... a font, some colours maybe... moderators have to decide based on their conscience - based on what they believe is right.  That has nothing to do with being coherent or partial.
Right now there is another case of "borrowing" other people īs work being decided by the moderators.  So far, most believe that it  should not be removed. I think it should. It is healthy to have different opinions and the majority will decide. 

11 Jun 2009     

1    2    3    Next >