Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > need personal help from you!    

need personal help from you!

Mariethe House
France

need personal help from you!

I have been away from school for 2 months now because of repeated health problems!My GP says it �s some form of depression she calls �burnout �! I feel totally empty and uncapable of doing anything costructive at the moment! I My creativity has left me, my enthusiasm too and I fear for the next school year as I don �t have any desire or energy to envisage it! so my esl friends, I need your support .... I need your support to help me regain my motivation, my strength, my energy.
I just need advice on how to start simply..; because my mind is already imagining possibilities , projects that will emand lots of work and energy I won �t have.
I feel too, I am retiring from this site because i haven � got much to give and to share! I feel a drab!

Sorry for this very personal message but I know, I will encounter the kindness of many!

Love from Marieth�Unhappy

14 Jun 2009      

mena22
Portugal

Hey, my dear, DEAR Marieth�!!! You �re not alone. Many of us have been there before, many of us are there now with you, and many of us will be there. But as much as I am sure of this, I am also 100% sure that we all get out of there sooner or later... Please never give in, make yourself visit us every single day, make yourself privatemessage us whenever you need, because we �ll be always there for you. Everything is going to be all right in the end, my dear friend. It always does.

A big, huge hug for you my very dear friend,
mena

P.S. You could take a plane and come to my 50th birthday! What do you say?!!

14 Jun 2009     

olaola
Italy

I sent you a pm

14 Jun 2009     

mariannina
Italy

Dear Mariethe, burnout is very frequent in teachers, unfortunately! Last year  my sister-in-law was like you are now, so you are not alone and you have who understands you. Rita, my sister-in-law, suggests you to speak with friends as often as you wish because that helps a lot. Then here we are...your friends from all over the world!!! We missed you and now we are happy that you turned up again. I �d be very happy to speak with you if you feel like doing it!  Ciao and hugs

14 Jun 2009     

nejar
Peru

Make a change!! Take a trip, start something new so as to get new inspiration!

Hug This is temporary, it will be over. We are here to listen to you.

A big, big hug!!

Nelly

14 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Ahhhhhh just dance to this!
http://www.halleonard.com/closerLookExternal.jsp?id=08621488
(press Play)
"To feel the Rhythm of Life, to feel the powerful beat,
to feel the tingle in your fingers, to feel the tingle in your feet.
"

or you can watch MY ss here (though it �s a poor quality vid):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3ZyzIYu5Rk

Dance, sing, dance, sing, that �s the answer to all the troubles!

14 Jun 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Mariethe,
I have always known you to be a person of total experience and wisdom as your contributions have shown on this forum, so I know you �ll come through this. I �d like to share this tale with you.

This Too Shall Pass 

Once upon a time, the great Shah of Persia decided to have a special jewel-encrusted ring made for his personal use. On the ring, he wanted to engrave a few words which would always give him comfort in times of distress. He offered a huge reward to any one of his subjects who could suggest the best words of wisdom to him for this purpose. Many people came forward with their suggestions, but none of them were to the king�s liking. In the meanwhile, a dervish visited the palace. The king placed his query before the holy man. To this, the dervish replied, �O king! Let me tell you the words that have always given great comfort and solace to me in times of sorrow. Those words are � �This too shall pass!� The words so touched the heart of the king that he had them engraved on his ring. Whenever any sad or difficult experience came his way, he would just look at the ring and read those words. Immediately, his heart would be filled with a new spirit of courage and faith.

14 Jun 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

Dear Mariethe,
try to spend more time with your family and friends. Play with your granddaughter, do some physical exercise. Try some hobbies you hadn �t done for a long time.
Keep in touch with your friends. Try handicrafts... read your favourite books, watch your favourite films...
When you get up, think about one "reward" - buy yourself a flower, funny bookmark, little sweet.
Watch animals in the park, keep in touch with soothing nature...
In the evenings try to remember something nice what happened that day!

If you need help, do not hesitate and ask for it... We are ready to listen to you...

14 Jun 2009     

anaisabel001
Spain

Dear Marieth�,
You �re not alone. Don �t worry , things will get better soon.Don �t give in, just let time pass and I �m sure you �ll be full of energy  and motivation again.Hug

14 Jun 2009     

Isabelucha
Portugal

Oh dear Mariethe!! NO WAY YOU �RE RETIRING FROM HERE!!! Don �t even think about it!!! That �s not an order that �s  avery humble request from someone who already feels you as a real (not virtual) friend! The idea of travelling could b good, yes! Spend as much time as you can with your grand daughter, go out at night, meet friends... and come and take a coffee with us everyday!!! It �ll soon be over! You �ll see. I �ve also been there. I know how it feels. I know you �re thinking that nothing �s worth it anymore. But I also believe we go through cicles in our life. This is a bad one, but a very good one will soon show up!!! We are here, everyday, through the forum, the caf� or PM �s to listen to you, to cherish you. Just don �t leave the site. You �ve got more to offer than you think. SmileHugHugHugHugHugHugHugHugHugHugHugHugHugHugHugHug

14 Jun 2009     

portugueseteacher
Portugal

I �m sure you wioll overcome these difficult moments.
Our profession is difficult sometimes but rewarding too!
Life has its ups and downs but see it in a positive way!
When you �re over this, you will be stronger!
I wish all the best and I �m sure other members wish the same!!
Don �t gve up!Life is too beautiful!Smile
Ying Yang Take some rest and have  a good laugh with friends here or anywhere!It �s a good therapy!Also, get positive people around you!It will make you wonders!

14 Jun 2009     

1    2    3    Next >