Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > LOOKING FOR SPANISH DVDS    

LOOKING FOR SPANISH DVDS

raperonzolo
Italy

LOOKING FOR SPANISH DVDS

Hi friends,

I know this is the wrong place but I need you to suggest me the titles of the most beautiful movies produced and acted in Spain or South America.
My students would like to watch a Spanish movie and I don �t know any titles that could be suitable for them.
I know Almodovar and I like his movies but I also think they aren �t suitable for my students in terms of themes.
Can someone suggest me some funny or horror movies in Spanish?
Thank you

18 Jun 2009      

anitarobi
Croatia

tHERE �S THE CARTOON LA LEYENDA DEL CID, I THINK IT �S CALLED LIKE THAT... I KNOW, ALMODOVAR IS GREAT, BUT YOU REALLY CAN �T SEE YOURSELF WATCHING IT WITH KIDSEmbarrassedConfused...
THIS CARTOON IS NOT HALF BAD AND HAS FUNNY SCENES AND THE LOVE STORY AND THE ACTION...

18 Jun 2009     

raperonzolo
Italy

I forgot to say that the are not children, they are 20 more or less, the problem is they aren �t enough mature... even if they are adults... do you think it is suitable as well?
Cheers

18 Jun 2009     

jessicae
Spain

" Tesis" , by Alejandro Amenabar ( the director of " The Others") It�s his first film, a horror film. Delicious.
" Mar Adentro" ( The Sea Inside) , by Alejandro Amenabar as well. Beautiful film and makes you think a lot about euthanasia and our right to live.
" Los Lunes al Sol" ( i don�t remember the director). Located in Galicia, I think, it is about of unemployed people. A sad but beautiful film.
"Rec". Quite a new film. The USA has recently released a remake of it. It takes place in an old building in Barcelona. Horror.
Hope this may have helped you Smile

18 Jun 2009     

raperonzolo
Italy

Thank you VERY MUCH Jessica, I will look for them...

Cheers

18 Jun 2009     

mjotab
Spain

I think they may like "El Orfanato" by "Guillermo del Toro" o "Los Otros" by Amenabar, with Nicole Kidman. Both are horror, but not too much, more suspense than horror.

18 Jun 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Two very good Argentine movies are:

"No sos vos, soy yo" with Diego Peretti and Cecilia Dopazo.
It �s a romantic comedy, but with lots of argentine slang.
http://www.milesdepelis.com/2008/02/no-sos-vos-soy-yo.html

And "Un novio para mi mujer" with Adri�n Suar.
Another romantic comedy...
http://cineveo.com/cine-veo/peliculas-y-cine-online-un-novio-para-mi-mujer/

Hope you find them useful!

See you!

Cyn

18 Jun 2009     

raperonzolo
Italy

Thank you for your precious suggestion! Now the problem is... how can I find them? I hope I �ll solve it!
Thank you a lot

18 Jun 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

You �ve got a PM!

18 Jun 2009     

raperonzolo
Italy

IF PM stands for problem, yes, I have a big one!

18 Jun 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Nope, I mean Private Message... check your eslprintables inbox, I sent you a message

18 Jun 2009     

1    2    Next >