Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > How do you select elements in a word doc and then save it as an image_??    

How do you select elements in a word doc and then save it as an image_??

Princess.Fiona
Argentina

How do you select elements in a word doc and then save it as an image_??

Hi guys!
Please help!

Sorry about this, but I need help! I �ve prepared some wss with many pics and I �ve seen in here that many of the (most popular contributers do this)... make their printables uneditable by pasting them as a pic on a word doc. I �d like to know how can I do this? I �ve  tried and tried but I can �t find the option in the "save as" part of word where one could actually save such a doc as a picture.
A while ago, someone said you could do this:copy paste your ws to a powerpoint slide  in microsoft power point but I can �t do it either. I can �t find the option in word to save as a pic the current document I �m preparing!
Is there any tutorial on this subject here?! or could anyone be so kind to help me?

Thank you very much!!Smile

27 Jun 2009      

libertybelle
United States

I often save my ws with the screen shot thing and open it in paint shop pro.
you could probably use any paint program. Save it as a JPG and insert it
into word again.

There are lots of ways of doing this - but this is what I �ve learnt from katiana.

L

27 Jun 2009     

txellalalluna
Andorra

What i do when i need objects to stay steady and not move around and drive me mad on a doc file, is I export it as a pdf.

click on File and on the display menu you should have an option which is export as PDF.

then, once the file is a PDF, you can use the snapshot tool and select the part you want and use it as pastable image on a word .doc file.

it �s pretty crafty, but that �s how i do it...

27 Jun 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Like LibertyBelle said, I press "Imprimir pantalla" and then "Paste" in the document...
Hope it helps!

27 Jun 2009     

Princess.Fiona
Argentina

I tried the �screen shot thing � but to get the whole �page �  shot I have to move it farther away in the screen and when I paste it again in another word doc the image is too small and it has the whole window shot too. Anyway, I deleted that part in word (with the cut option) but then when you stretch the image it �s all blurry and you can �t even read the words!!..

Please help! is there any tutorial around !?!?

Hi Cyn!! I tried this but I´m not successful!  could you explain further?

27 Jun 2009     

Princess.Fiona
Argentina

Stexstme, I �m not going to upload a doc with only pics! for your information!!! Smile
Second, I pay to be able to use cliparts so I have many pictionaries I used with my students and the document is huge! in this way (making a document, like I still can �t do it...;) you make the doc much smaller!..
Third,  I �ve noticed that the most popular wss are the ones I �m talking about!
see ya

27 Jun 2009     

baiba
Latvia

If you are using Word 2007, it is possible to group all pictures on one page by holding ctrl key and clicking on all pics. Then select from Format picture - GROUP. This way they won �t move! 

27 Jun 2009     

Cyn.
Argentina

Sam, you �ve got a PM, check your inbox!
Cyn

27 Jun 2009     

Princess.Fiona
Argentina

Thank you!....Still trying!Confused

27 Jun 2009     

Bruna Dutra
Brazil

Unfortunately, Samantha is correct. The most popular WSs are the ones with lots of pics, and sadly, many of them are impossible to edit. One thing I never understood was why the most �popular � WSs are COLORED, I don �t know about you, but the WSs I give to my students are usually (not to say always) B&W, my school can �t afford to print material for all the students in color. But, I think it was Cyn who gave the precious piece of advice to add some colors to my WSs, which increased substantially the downloads of my worksheets.

I �ve been a member for less than a month, haven �t uploaded many of my WS, mainly because I don �t think they �ll be attractive the way they are, despite believing they �re good hard work of my own. And don �t get me wrong, I �m not saying that I just want to get more points or my WSs to be "popular". I too, as many others, have joined (and loved) this site to help and get the help of other teachers.

I wouldn �t have wasted a day working on a WS about pronouns (like I did with my last one), seeking to cover any possible doubt my students (and teachers) could have, if I didn �t want to help the community ESLprintables as a whole. I what inspired me was a question right here in this forum.

I guess what I would like to ask is:

Do you really print WSs out the way they are available to us? Or am I right and we are betrayed and lured by our beauty eyes and like the ones which LOOK BEST?

27 Jun 2009     

Princess.Fiona
Argentina

Brunadutra!
I can see your point!.. I work in a public school and nor the school and niether the students photocopy or print things in colour. I usually prepare them in full colour but then in the classroom we have to have them in B&W so the colour then becomes "grey". I use a friend �s blog from Spain where I get many of the printables I use in class,  I join this site because it �s sOoO complete, you have a forum to ask for help, lovely worksheets, I would actually say some are pieces of art!.
So, as I �m a hurry, in a way, to get points! (sorry if someone is offended by the fact I �m confessing I WANT pointS)...:)
 I want to make a nice wss which would get a few downloads! And I �ve been looking around and see the most downloaded works and most popular are the colourful, full of pics ones! I thought I might follow the flow!
and as my docs are too heavy, making them a pic and then uploading it..(which I can �t get around of still) makes them smaller..etc..etc...

27 Jun 2009     

1    2    Next >