Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > THE ESL BOOK CLUB! (Continued)    

THE ESL BOOK CLUB! (Continued)

mjotab
Spain

Hello again, I just came from my holidays and found this great thread. The last book that really left its mark on me was Never Let Me Go, by Kazuo Ishiguro. He has an incredible way of making you feel what you read. I don �t want to write a spoiler but it is a book worth reading.

20 Aug 2009     

ants
Switzerland

3 more good books I �ve read are:
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
and also two good books by Chimamanda Ngozi
are Half of a Yellow Sun and Purple Hibiscus.
Fiona. Hug

20 Aug 2009     

ants
Switzerland

I like Kazuo Ishiguro a lot and will find and read that one that you suggested mjotah!!
Thanks. Hug
Fiona.

20 Aug 2009     

brjp
Turkey

This is really a nice topic. Thank you, Libertybelle.
It is nice to see that most of the teachers � reading tastes seem to be almost the same. I will try to add the books I haven �t read before to my reading list asap.
In addition to the already mentioned books, The Passion by Jeanette Winterson is one of my favourites.
Burcu

20 Aug 2009     

JudyHalevi
Israel

I loved The Book Thief.  I just finished a book by James Lee Paterson,  (for the life of me, I cannot remember the name),  about the rape of Africa, which was hard but fantastic reading.

Hugfrom Israel

Judy 

We do need to keep this topic going.

20 Aug 2009     

douglas
United States

I have to agree with Victoria, Jane Austen �s Pride and Prejudice was a VERY good book.  It �s not really my normal reading, but I was pleasantly surprised when I did read it.  Personally I have always been a big fan of Science Fiction and Fantasy (Robert Heinlein, Robert Silverberg and David Eddings for example).

20 Aug 2009     

ants
Switzerland

Wow, I also love Sci Fi and Fantasy books, Douglas!!Clap
Asimov, Heinlein and many more!! Hug
Great to see such a variety of books and that most of us read something from each category...sci fi, history, law, adventure, classics, true stories, famous peole,  etc!!
Fiona.

20 Aug 2009     

ants
Switzerland

Try to remember the name of the book, Judy!!Hug
My husband would be very interested in reading it!!
Fiona.

20 Aug 2009     

LuciaRaposo
Portugal

And Colleen Mccullough?
Have you read antything by her?

I love her writing,,,,

20 Aug 2009     

marileia
Greece

A great novel I just finished and really enjoyed, laughed, cried with, was "P.S. I love you"by Cecelia Ahern. It is not a classical of course, but I strongly recommend it. I also enjoyed "Who �s that girl" by Alexandra Potter, again not a classical one.�

Some of my favourite classicals are : "A portrait of the artist as a young man" by James Joyce, "David Copperfield" by Charles Dickens, "1984" by George Orwel, "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott, "Oliver Twist" by Charles Dickens �and maaaany maaaaany more!

20 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >