Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > THE ESL BOOK CLUB! (Continued)    

THE ESL BOOK CLUB! (Continued)

baiba
Latvia

Sorry, if someone has mentioned it before but I love Nick Hornby! "About a Boy", "A Long Way Down", "High Fidelity".
I relax reading Clive Cussler and Matthew Reilly.
My recent discovery is Nick Stone ("Mr Clarinet" and "King of Swords")

20 Aug 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Fletsch, I mentioned Koontz �s Watchers yesterday - if you haven �t, do read it!

20 Aug 2009     

LuciaRaposo
Portugal

Hi

I made a simple compilation of most of the books  mentioned here...

If you want to keep track of it, download the file and complete it according to your taste.

(If you �d like to send it back to me, Pm me. Thanks)

Good readings :)

20 Aug 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Thank you Lucia!  I lost track while at school and I really want to read all these books!
(I �m a read-a-holic and read 2-3 books a week!)
I might as well move into the local bookshop!

Hugs
L

20 Aug 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

Or, libertybelle, you could go to the coffee-library Nebal is talking about! (???)
PS: just kidding!

20 Aug 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Hey Anita!
Sure thing - just point me in the right direction!!!LOL

By the way- I also love The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro

20 Aug 2009     

anitarobi
Croatia

I just bought a new book for my kid today - hubbie and I took him to a bookshop/bookclub called Svijet knjiga (The World of Books) and he chose the book himself - The Dragon Chronicles! The book hasn �t left his hands all afternoon. He �s about to go to first class this autumn (3 weeks from now, oh my...) and it �s books like this one that have motivated him to start reading the small printed letters as well - a great story, fabulous illustrations, the pages look like an ancient diary dug up from some cave or chest.... He �s in a world of his own now, trying to read, and I can �t wait to join him!

20 Aug 2009     

spring
Turkey

This is the most enjoyable & useful thread I have ever participated.
So we owe you a big "thank" libertybell.
I have already ordered some of the books mentioned here.Kite runner is one of them.Luckily I have found the original one. I would like to read it in Eng.
Also a big thank to Lucia..
Heart

20 Aug 2009     

ants
Switzerland

You �ll enjoy the Kite Runner Lucia!!Hug
Fiona.

20 Aug 2009     

douglas
United States

--Anita, I don �t know how old your boy is, but I remember I really liked the Earthsea Trilogy when I was young--I think they are by Ursula LeGuin--not sure anymore.

20 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >