Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Again and again!!    

Again and again!!

victor
Spain

Dareka5,
Your idea could be very good!
What do you think? I�d like to hear other users� opinions. Could it be abused?

18 Sep 2008     

aldanaVenadoTuerto
Argentina

I think it is a great idea! Because in that way we would be preventing other "corrupt" teachers from downloading something which was stolen in the first place!

18 Sep 2008     

mmargalef
Spain

I think it, too, but what happens if someone has more than an account?  Or if someone presses the button in a hurry without checking if it is stolen, copied, .... ?
And Marisa: all my support. I arrived home late and saw all the downloads this person has got with your worksheets and I agree with Spring when she says that she feels ashamed of having such type of people as colleagues.  And for those who downloaded the worksheet after having read more than 30 messages saying it was stolen: It�s bad to steal but in my opinion there would be no problem if people didn�t download them. For me their attitude is as unjustifiable as uploading stolen printables. 

18 Sep 2008     

xenia_161
Mexico

Hi everyone. I�m new in this site and I want to say that this page is fantastic, I can find everything that I need here, and share my Ws with all of you. About the Stolen Ws topic, I have to say that my first upload Ws was stolen from an internet page, but the thing is that  I was so enthusiastic to upload something that I didn�t remembered it. But Now that I�ve seen all that messages, I�m not going to do it anymore. And I�m going to upload the Ws that I made for my students. Well, I think that�s all, sorry for this, and the next message that I post won�t be to say this. Thanks to all.  

18 Sep 2008     

GoingBacktoEngland
United Kingdom

� Three words: EXCLUDED FOR GOOD!

18 Sep 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

Hi, Victor.
Its a good idea.
But I just would like you to pay special attention to what mmargalef point out in her post above.

Regards.

19 Sep 2008     

Vickiii
New Zealand

Hi Victor and teachers

I am sick of people being dishonest. Firstly by uploading stolen items, and secondly by people who knowingly download stolen items.  It really annoys me to see this happening. 

I think the suggestion to freeze worksheets is fantastic.  I think that the persons worksheet should be frozen immediately when it is reported.  In this way when Victor has time to review the worksheet he can decide to unfreeze the worksheet - if it was a false accusation, or he can cancel the persons account.

I think you are incredibly generous Victor to give people warnings.  There are only a very few occasions when people mistakenly upload stolen items.  Such as the teacher the other day who just wanted to share a fantastic out of print resource.  Usually i don�t actually even know what they are thinking! 

Anyway - Freezing the worksheet would be great - it would reduce the amount of complaints on the forum at the very least.  although - i can forsee people becoming extremely agitated if their worksheet is mistakenly frozen...could make for some very ruffled feathers. 

I do not envy you your job!Wink

19 Sep 2008     

dareka1
Japan

If you like, you could allocate only users with points above 100 (1000?) to be able to utilise the freeze function (instead of moderators per se, any user who reaches above 1000 points can use the button, if five users who have 1000 points flag the worksheet, it freezes. Those users will generally be able to tell fairly easily whether it�s been copied or not and will be the ones most annoyed that someone has copied a worksheet. Then you wouldn�t have new users using it, only people who have "earned trust".

�That would be done with a statement pre-apologising for any misunderstandings that may cause people to flag original worksheets.

19 Sep 2008     

mpotb
Spain

I agree with Miriam, it could be a solution to the problem of stolen worksheets, but I see some other problem as well.... What happens if a worksheet is unfairly "frozen"? As Miriam said, what happens if someone has several accounts and press the button just to bug, but the worksheet was not stolen? In this webpage there are lots and lots of friendly people, willing to help the other teachers, but we all have realized that there are some people who are not well-intencioned.... What if these malicious people take advantage of that button?

19 Sep 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

Yes guys I agree with you all.
But don�t be so naive if you don�t mind my saying.

You seem to forget what happened a month or so ago.
That member who was considered as one of best and most productive.
That member who had got much more than 20,000. I don�t remember exactly.
This member committed something worse than stealing a worksheet in order gain some points.
I don�t remember her name. If Ericaplat were here she would tell you more about her because she was the most touched and affected.

I am sure you�ve remarked that the people committing this reprehensible acts (stealing and uploading WS)  are mostly new. I suppose that is why Miriam is talking about allowing only members with more 1000 pts. These people are generally in a hurry to gain points thinking that this is the most important in the site or in order to gain enough points to start downloading as premium members as quickly as possible.

I am not justifying these acts. I just don�t want you respectable colleagues to get trapped and solve a problem by creating another one. I also think that those who the most blamable are those who download WS already noticed as stolen. Especially when some of these are members with a "quite" even "very" large amount of points.

I am sure Victor can find a better way to limit if not put an end to these kind of acts.
Meanwhile, if you don�t mind, I would like him to think about a kind of sanction (not too sever) against those hole download a WS after it�s been reported as stolen.
If I can add another suggestion, I would say I would like Victor to reconsider the conditions of the "premium user" option. I am not thinking of removing it, no.

Hope I contributed a little to make things more clear to find a solution tothis everlasting and annoying issue.

Best regards and respect to all my colleagues.

19 Sep 2008     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >