Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Again and again!!    

Again and again!!

victor
Spain

Miriam,
If you see someone who has 0 points uploading a stolen worksheet (stolen from another user) certainly it is someone who has started a new account after being banned.
There is nothing we can do against that. I hope they will understand that it is easier to make some good worksheets than to make a new account every week.

19 Sep 2008     

mmargalef
Spain

Thanks Victor for your patiente. I don�t want to make a war out of this. I strongly believe that it�s a waste of time complaining all the time because this type of people do not care about it. I�m for a silent war: I think the best way to solve the problem is having a team of people who voluntaryly and with the community approval, of course, could freeze the stolen worksheets. In case there is evidence the worksheet is copied, then the account is deleted. I agree with you when you say that it is easier to make some good worksheets than to make a new account every week. I think the most efficient way to get these people out of the place is based on speed reaction
What do you think about it?
By the way: thanks a zillion for your priceless task! Without you we wouldn�t be here sharing, learning and discussing Wink

20 Sep 2008     

dareka1
Japan

�I agree with you mmargalef, my concern was that some people might think it unfair that �so and so� got picked and not me (or alternatively, a moderator starts to let the �power� go to his/her head, it happens enough in other forums). So I figured that it would be a fairer system if anyone with say 1000 points would automatically be able to vote to freeze a worksheet, then no one could really argue, they would just have to work harder to join the club.

�It does make sense though to delegate a bit of the responsibility to those who can handle it...

20 Sep 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

I don�t know why you are insisting so much on this.

I have just some simple questions.
1-How many WS are uploaded every day?
2-How many WS have been uploaded since 3 days?
3-How many WS are downloaded every day?
4-How many WS have been downloaded since 3 days?

"3" days because this is the time this issue is lasting.

Finally, and this is the key question...

5-How many STOLEN WS have been signaled so far?

Just keep in mind that up till now
1-we are 75740 and surely more in about half an hour
2-we are going to celebrate the 70,000 WS and more very certainly tomorrow.

Regards all

20 Sep 2008     

dareka1
Japan

goodnesses, I don�t mind. but one reason it is being talked about is that this kind of thing kills motivation for other people to put in any effort to make the worksheets in the first place. If they see other people just taking their ideas and getting points while they have to work hard to get a point, they may just not bother. If it bugs you so much, I can stop.

21 Sep 2008     

mmargalef
Spain

Hi Goodnesses: I don�t understand your post. First: I was answering Victor�s comment on a question I asked some posts before and second you should read carefully what I wrote :  I don�t want to make a war out of this. I strongly believe that it�s a waste of time complaining all the time because this type of people do not care about it. I�m for a silent war  I decided some time ago that I wouldn�t write any post about stolen printables on the forum. I think what I�m talking about is finding a solution as you did in the seven comments you posted. You say that we insist on the topic: are you sure about it? If ,with this words, you refer to me, I think you are mistaken.  I�m sorry to sound rude but sometimes you are unfair to people. It seems as if you moderated the forum: you can say whatever you want but when you are tired, you tell people to stop writing, complaining,....  If you are tired of people�s comments, then just stop reading the posts about the topic as they don�t appear in the front page as before.
I don�t want to sound offensive but I don�t want to be seen as an �always-complaining� member because I think I�m not that sort of people. Not long ago, a member of this community stole one of my worksheets and I didn�t write a comment on the forum. I did what I was supposed to do: inform Victor. But I understand people�s anger, especially when you see (that was my case) that the thief gets more points for your worksheet than you got it when you uploaded it.
And this will be my last post about this topic of stolen worksheets, ways to stop it,......

21 Sep 2008     

goodnesses
Algeria

First of all I repeat for the nth time I am in no way trying to justify the deeds of such people (the dishonest/thieves to be clear).

I just want to say that sometimes when we give much importance (understand talk) to an issue it can bring the opposite effect we were expecting. I mean it can give ideas to some sleeping dishonest people and/or it can encourage some others to do it (stealing/cheating) just to annoy, harass, bother or disturb the others. What can worsen the problem.

Maybe I did not illustrate it the right way. What I meant with my previous post is that there are tens if not hundreds of honest people trying to do their best to help and tens if not hundreds others who are waiting for your help , advice and direction whereas those cheaters are counted on the fingers of one hand and they are not worth such time spent.

Finally, Miriam as you can see we are on the same line. Then, I was not replying to you in particular. In such topics I try to have some feedback to most of those who preceded my post. Sure, WE don�t succeed each time.

Remember what you all agreed about in the beginning the worse are those who download not those who upload (stolen work of course)

Here you are this is for sure my last post about such topics.
As you advise it Miriam (it is a good advice indeed) I am turning to other topics to see if there aren�t some people who are really in need of my attention, who I can help and get help from.
Those people (the thieves/cheaters of course-don�t make me say what I didn�t say) aren�t worth such a waste of time. This I believe strongly.

SEE YOU THERE AROUND IF YOU PLEASE.

21 Sep 2008     

< Previous   1    2    3    4