Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Some changes in the website    

Some changes in the website

victor
Spain

Wakebeauty,

Yes, "previous day".

17 Feb 2010     

ELOJOLIE274
France

Hi,
i �ve spotted a small mistake, I think
"The powerpoints size must be under 500KB. They must be pps documents." shouldn �t it be ppt?? because pps can not be edited, right?

just another thing, I think we should make it a rule to complete the "description" part when we upload our ws. something like "hope it helps" is not enough. maybe you should make it clear that - in the description - we have to explain how to use this ws, how it was used, the sources of the video/text we found on the internet and helped us to create this ws... I �ve noticed that most people only say a couple of days, most of the times they don �t describe the content of the ws, and i find it annoying - maybe i �m the only one...

some members suggested to add a red flag next to the download button when a ws has been reported, will it be implemented?

when a ws of ours has been removed because it got too few downloads, can we risk being bannished if we upload it again with a few improvements (adding a picture, a better layout)?

otherwise, the rules are perfect, and I want to thank you Victor for your work, you �re a source of inspiration for all of us, you �re not only helping your pupils in their path to learn English but you �re also helping all of us to become better teachers, so thank you!!!

17 Feb 2010     

anitarobi
Croatia

I just have one thing to add. I �ve seen some members place their own e-mail addresses in the forum or the cafe. I usually send them a pm, because I know it �s not a good idea - private e-mails are visible in the forum even to non-members and may be abused. I know it �s the responsibility of each member to take care of his/her own personal information, but perhaps we could add a friendly suggestion to new members to avoid sharing private addresses on the forum or in the cafe.
Btw, my remark about getting points, as I realised later on, is indeed explained later on. However, perhaps it wouldn �t hurt to be even more precise.
I agree with reb77 about proving your authorship. It �s tricky, that one.
Anyway, again, I applaud the changes. I �m sure you �ll have lots of carefully thought of suggestions by other members tonight.

17 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

Yes, it should say .ppt, I �ll change it.

There is a suggestion to write an accurate description, but that cannot be a rule. Just a suggestion.

A red flag if the document has been reported: that sounds good.
But it was suggested before that the document could be "freezed" (unabled to download) if reported. After that, if it was not against the rules, it could be taken back to the "recent contributions" the following day, and the author would not lose any point.

If one of your worksheet has been removed for few downloads, it would be good to upload it again improved.

17 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

Good ideas, anitarobi,
I �m already working on that.

17 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

Hi there,

Just a suggestion... this topic should be pinned! LOL It �s moving down as new people add questions to the forum.

17 Feb 2010     

wakebeauty
Brazil

Yes Victor, these tree paragraphs are a bit confusingWacko

Let �s try:

You can take texts from other websites or books if you add your own exercises or activities (For example, reading comprehension questions). Please don �t take texts from other ESL websites or books, it would be unfair. (DELETE THIS PART)

1ST It is accepted to take a text from other sources (not ESL websites or ESL books) and add your own exercises or activities (for example, reading comprehension questions) , but it is not allowed to take an exercise (that was already done by others) and add your own ones. All the exercises must be yours.

2ND: If your worksheet is just a reading text, it will only be accepted if the text is originally yours

17 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

Well explained wakebeauty, I like it.

17 Feb 2010     

juliag
Japan

Hi.
I �ve sent you a PM with some suggested grammar etc. changes, but just thought of something else, I think it should also be made clear about what happens if  one of your worksheets is reported. For example, if it is reported as a non-ESL resource you have a period of XXX days to make the necessary changes and reupload it, but that if it is reported as a copy it will be removed and go as one strike against your name.

Then after you get 3 strikes (or whatever you decide to call them - strike is not a very nice word I feel) then your account will be frozen until it has been reviewed by the administrator.

or something like that, so that everyone knows from the start that plagarism is not accepted here and will have serious consequences.

17 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

Juliag,

If it is reported as a non-ESL resource it will be removed. Of course, the user can make the necessary changes and reupload it afterwards. That is optional.

After three strikes (three worksheets reported as copies) I will review the account.

17 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    Next >