Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Some changes in the website    

Some changes in the website

nika114
Greece

Dear Victor,
Nice work again!It �s the first time in years I come back home and the first thing I do is turn on the pc to login to eslprintables!
I only have one disagreement with the new rules.You wrote that after the 30 points one can upload only x worksheets.What happens with people like me who only have a little free time during weekends and holidays and only then can upload?What if I could send eg 10 wss one day of the ones I have gathered all these years?I am sure others might also want during a holiday to send more.Please allow it.
Thanks

17 Feb 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

Dear Victor,
thank you very much for your clear rules! I hope the link to rules will be placed on the top of the main page...

I AGREE WITH THIS NEW brunadutra�s RULE: You must not divide worksheets unnecessarily.

Sorry, but I have to suggest improvement of the CATEGORY SYSTEM NOW...
I would like to suggest one more thing, there should be a BOARDGAME category under "Others printables!!!"
It would really help... When I started uploading boardgames, there was only a hundred BGs... Now there are ALMOST 1,000 of them and 5-10 are added EVERY DAY !!!
And there should be a category of "pair games" - speaking games for 2 students, eg a reading with missing words to ask about etc. Materials for 1-to-1 lectures...
For sake of your planet, there should be an option to MARK THE BW PRINTER FRIENDLY contributions... I mean those printables with outlined pictures and thin soft borders. The printables which SAVE INK !!!
I think many teachers would love to be able to SEARCH the printer friendly BW worksheets ONLY... So if there was  an option like that, the teacher would see a list of BW worksheets only...

PLEASE, is it possible???

17 Feb 2010     

mena22
Portugal

Hi Victor! Better late than never! Wink Thank you so much for your rapid response.

I �ve read all the rules and I think they are very clear and fair, if you add the suggestions given in the forum, especially wakebeauty �s (taking texts from ESL books and websites). I also agree with the freezing system. Although I very much liked Dorothea �s suggestion to select moderators, I must agree with you that the way you chose is less subjective.

I also would like members to get used to writing the source of the texts they use. Besides being the right thing to do, it would make the moderators � work much easier.

Once again, thank you for your hard work and kindness.

mena

17 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

Barbara, for that reason new users will be allowed to send only one daily contribution. If then didn �t read the rules and upload something against the rules, they �ll get a message.

I �ll try to improve the automatic messages that users get when their contributions are removed, with better explanations and suggestions.

Bruna,
I also want to write clear directions for the moderators. Anyway my idea is that there is no need to remove worksheets that have been divided unnecessarily. A PM to the user should be enough.
If users think that they will get more points dividing their worksheets, they are wrong. If the other users need to use many points or many of their free daily downloads to get the whole set, they will think twice.

Libertybelle, I don �t know, it is just a number. I have to see how many active moderators there have been lately and how many ones there would be with over 10000 points.

17 Feb 2010     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hello Victor,
I think it �s a perfect idea to have moderators who have more than a 10.000.
1) I also have the same doubt as Bruna, what happens with cliparts with watermarks?

2)  Could it be clarified also that people aren �t allowed to use other people �s worksheets as templates?

I think this idea:the document could be "freezed" (unabled to download) if reported. After that, if it was not against the rules, it could be taken back to the "recent contributions" the following day, and the author would not lose any point.
It �s just perfect!

17 Feb 2010     

sldiaz
Panama

Hello V�ctor

I agree with all the new rules.  They seem to be clear and fair.  I hope every member will read and follow them carefully.  I also agree with the freezing system. 
Thank you so much for your hard work and effort.

Just waiting for the date of application here,

hugs from Panama,
silka

17 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

Nika114,
I think that 3 contributions / day is enough, even if you can only upload at weekends or holidays.

Moravc, I �ll add that as a suggestion, but I think there is no need to remove the worksheets that have been divided unnecessarily.
The new categories that you suggest are interesting, but that will be for another day.
The option to mark the printer friendly contributions is fine, but... who would mark them? If the users do, everybody would mark their worksheets as printer friendly.

Mena, yes it is the right think to do, and easier for the moderators.

Samantha: cliparts with watermarks will not be allowed from now on (I have to add that to the rules page).
OOoops, I forgot the templates issue! Certainly, that should be added too.

Silka, thank you very much for your comments.

17 Feb 2010     

apayala
Spain

All sounds great! Thumbs Up

17 Feb 2010     

moravc
Czech Republic

Thanks, Victor :-D Hope it comes time to improve the categories as well :-)

Samantha�s right, the templates "problem" should be mentioned too...

17 Feb 2010     

Zora
Canada

Can I make a suggestion of sorts?

A free section for new users with free templates that they can use? It might help lessen the people using other people �s designs as their own because they simply aren �t that creative but have great ideas.

I know PhillipR had offered up some before and I think there might be a few people here also willing to contribute blank board games, layouts or simple worksheet designs.

17 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    Next >