Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Some changes in the website    

Some changes in the website

Adel A
Egypt

I gree with you victor and support your efforts but concerning the the moderators I think the number of points suggested is two many .I think it should be less .3000 for example is a credible and  fair number.I also suggest to have moderators from different parts of the world for example the one who has the biggest number of point in the middle east or North America and so on.Finally I want to say that two much restrications is a double edge weapon and it may affect the democracy of the website

17 Feb 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

There will be only 3 moderators from Mexico: Lety,  La Luna  & Karen and none of them moderates

There will be very few moderators, maybe the reporting system should change too, I do not know how many votes are necessary for the removal or stay of a worksheet...

And to be sincere I do not see many moderatros with more than 10,000 points in the reported contributions section

What about moderators with 8000 points or 7000?... well, just a suggestion

17 Feb 2010     

lizsantiago
Puerto Rico

victor will it be force to download the toolbar to use and upload in the site?  i ask because i usually use the computer at work since they have the programs to make ws that i use, but they don �t allow to install anything. so i wouldnt be able to use the site anymore.

17 Feb 2010     

mehulay
Turkey

Hello.
I am new here and I like being her too much:)
Can the wss be shown more than one day?
Thank you:)

17 Feb 2010     

lshorton99
China

Regarding the template section - could there not be a button when you upload your worksheet where you agree to it being used as a template. That way members who do not wish to share their templates don �t have to feel obliged to and those who do click the button when they upload and something appears on it �s preview page - along the lines of a standardised statement saying �The author has given permission for the design/layout of this worksheet to be used as a template. � Something like that anyone.

Regarding the moderators, I haven �t been here that long so I don �t know how many people have 10000 points. It seems quite a lot - 5000 or 7000 seems better as I don �t know how many people who can be moderators have the time or inclination to do so.

I like having clear rules that everyone can see. However, there needs to be a reminder to check the rules when uploading. Otherwise people might not bother to go to a rules section. Something along the lines of �IMPORTANT. Read the terms of the site before uploading. Failure to comply with these rules will result in your account being cancelled and you being banned from this site. � Or perhaps something more warm and fuzzy?! Just so there is no excuse for breaking the rules.

I also wonder if it might be worth clarifying in the rules about reading texts and bilingual worksheets as there has been some debate about them recently.

Thanks again for your wonderful site which is daily keeping me sane and motivated to make materials!

Lindsey

17 Feb 2010     

magdita
Argentina

Hi Victor,
I would like to thank you and all the members of ESLprintables forr making this a wonderful site. What you are doing is great! Just a question, what about short stories. I love working with them. I usually download a well known short story and then I design several exercises to woprk with it. Can I do that?

17 Feb 2010     

silvia.patti
Italy

Hi Victor, I have read all the rules and the posts of my colleagues. I agree with Froggy.Claudine about a change. Write RULES  instead of WHAT �S ITso that everyone can find them easily (in the last period I wanted to read them again but I was too lazy to search the site Tongue).

I think the rules are clear, no-one should be wrong in uploading material.

Thanks for your work, Silvia

17 Feb 2010     

missola
Palestine

thank you so much Victor for all the efforts you �ve done to make this website better and better.
I like the new rules and everyone should follow them without any complaints.

have a nice day

Ola

17 Feb 2010     

victor
Spain

Well it seems that many of you think that 10000 points is too much.

These are the numbers:
Nowadays there are 1160 users who can moderate (users with 1000 or more points)
On average, each reported worksheet is voted by 15 moderators.

There are 121 users with more than 10000 points. So if the percentage of active moderators is the same, each reported worksheet would be voted by 1 or 2 users. Not enough.

There are 263 users with more than 5000 points. In this case each worksheet would be voted by 3 or 4 moderators. That is enough.

It seems that 5000 points is a good conclusion.

OK, now I will try to rewrite the rules page with all the corrections and suggestions.

17 Feb 2010     

lshorton99
China

Nice job Victor. Again - I can �t say how much I appreciate this site - particularly these past couple of weeks. I look forward to peace and harmony once these new rules are in place!

You have done an amazing job!

17 Feb 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    Next >