Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Debate!! (Beware: Hot Issue??)    

Debate!! (Beware: Hot Issue??)

frenchfrog
France

Debate!! (Beware: Hot Issue??)

I simply want to have your opinions, so please, don�t get angry, mad, shocked...! Simply give your opinion, whatever it is!

I think it is really great to help new members get the 30 points very quickly by downloading THEIR printables.

I don�t think it is a good idea, though, to send them worksheets of OTHER members. Personally, I don�t like the idea of a premium member sending one of my printables (or the printable(s) of another premium member) to a new member �just like that�. I sometimes read messages like �Tell me the printable you want and I will download it and send it to you�. I think (but it is my opinion) it is better to read messages like �I�ve just downloaded one of YOUR printables, so you have a point to download the printable you want�.

But if a new member with very few points asks me if I can send him/her one of my printables, I am very happy to do it! I did it several times (even to members with lots of points who had problems downloading my work). Besides, it allows me to become acquainted personally with this new member. I just think it is nicer... I have never sent a printable that did not belong to me in the first place to a new member.

Have a nice weekend!

22 Nov 2008      

alex1968
Greece

Hi Frenchfrog 

I have to say that I agree with you on this issue.

What we do with our own ws is up to us, but we don�t have the same liberty with other members� ws.

Here wishing everyone a great weekend!

Alex

22 Nov 2008     

Montypython
France

I couln�t agree more!!!!!!!  Smile

have a great week end!!!!!! Heart

Take Care!

Monty

22 Nov 2008     

Marshmallow (F)
France

Hi Frenchfrog!
erm...I�m not sure of what to think about that, I mean if we download the worksheet for one person and then send it to him/her, the result is the same...I agree with you it�s better to download his/her worksheet but as he/she won�t get the point straight away, I�m not sure wether it�s wrong or not to send something to him/her. I�ve never done it either yet but I�ve already sent some of my work by mail and was very happy to do it- as you said it�s also a way to know this person better.
Of course it�s better if it�s the owner of the worksheet who sends it but is that really wrong if someone else does it? However although I can�t find a real explanation for that it�s something I�m not very comfortable with...

What do the others think?   

22 Nov 2008     

sirah
Argentina

Hi everybody! I agree with not sending other members worksheets to new members.Some hours ago I read in the forum that a member was asking for help.I sent her private message telling her that I had downloaded some of her old worksheets in order to give her points to download what she wanted.I hope she could!!

22 Nov 2008     

wolfy
Chile

100% behind you on that one

22 Nov 2008     

gilorit
Israel

Hi

I agree with all of you ;-)

I am willing to download new members� worksheets - but they should have some patience - we were all new once....

22 Nov 2008     

Damielle
Argentina

I wonder, having the possibility of sending private messages, why don�t those in need ask the author his/her ws?

This site works by uploading worsheets and getting points from downloads. If there is an emergency such the one we had a few days ago when we could not upload anything, I�d in a way justify sending a ws, but if not....

Some presents for all of you!!!

22 Nov 2008     

micah
Japan

I do agree with all of you too. But sometimes I wonder, people leave comments saying they need my worksheet. I try to contact them or try to download something from them to give them points but usually they don�t return back messages and have no uploaded worksheets. I don�t use up all the points everyday and still have lots of points to share. Is there someway we could share our points? Or no efforts no points is the whole idea? I don�t like and don�t want to encourage people who steal ideas or worksheets to get some points. That�s not my intention. What do you think?

22 Nov 2008     

allakoalla
Latvia

Hi everyone! This is my first discussion I take part in on this site. First of all I would like to express my admiration to the site I have become addicted to:). Every situation has two different sides. Of course to download a printable for someone else and to send it is not the way this site works, but on the other hand if someone is in need I think it is a good way to help and to show that we are a friendly community. I have also offered today to download and to send a ws. Frenchfrog has mentioned it is certainly better to help a new member by downloading his or her ws, but if I have got it right he or she will be able to use the "point" only the next day am I right?
Greetings to all of you:) 

22 Nov 2008     

sirah
Argentina

Yes Allakoalla you are right! but i think that if you download an old contribution the points are added inmediately(Am I right??).Of course the person who downloads an old contribution loses  a point from his/her downloads.

have a great day!

22 Nov 2008     

1    2    3    Next >