Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Itīs not fair    

Itīs not fair

agostine_
Brazil

I īm speechless... How can you īaccuse ī people of monopolizing points? How is it possible? We just download (and give points to the author) the wss we want to and about those teachers "with over xxx,xxx points", you can be pretty sure they really deserve all of them. They īve worked very hard for that; the most of the activities are much better than book exercises (and they professionals!). But think... Life is funny... Some people want to learn... Some want to improve their work ... Some want to show themselves they can do it... And some sit and complain saying how difficult and unffair life is...  

20 May 2010     

zailda
Brazil

Clap

20 May 2010     

danka.michalkova
Czech Republic

All of you are absolutely right, Manonskiīs answers speaks for all of us:) I admire people who are so creative, intelligent, hard-working and have such beautiful ideas. They have their points because they deserve them, they share the best, they get the best. It is fair enough for me. If you are intelligent, have common sense, just look at the site for a few days, think about how to be better and do something for it. If my students complain like this, I always tell them - stop crying and start doing something useful:) Have a nice day, I am totally grateful to those hard working people with xxx points because the bring new ideas and do not complain:)

20 May 2010     

puddyd
Oman

Do you know how long it takes to make a good worksheet that people will like and download?
Have a look at most of these monopolisers ī pages and go to the last page of their work and you will see that they too have arrived at the point they are at through trial and error and they also started off with only a few downloads, perhaps assessed what they were doing wrong and tried again until they got the recipe right ...

Some good advice I was given as a little girl was
īThink before you speak ī

I think manonski has put it in a nutshell...so get off your high horse and stop whinging and do some work.Be a giver and not a taker!!
;o)

20 May 2010     

savvinka
Russian Federation

I also want to give a piece of  good advice: Just upload yr five usual exs you do with yr sts in class and you īll get a pass to a magic world of priceless worksheets made by very  talented and creative teachers , then you īll probably learn how to do them yourself and share with us

20 May 2010     

colibrita
United Kingdom

The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary (Sassoon / Lombardi)

20 May 2010     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Excellent phrase Colibrita

Lol Homeless Turtle

And... bravo Manonski!

20 May 2010     

savvinka
Russian Federation

Wow! I adore this saying!

20 May 2010     

LILIAAMALIA
Greece

YOU HAVE TO DO WHATEVER YOU CAN.STOP BEGGING FOR POINTS!WHAT IF YOUR STUDENT īS  TREATED YOU LIKE THAT?WOULD YOU GIVE IN?WORK HARDER YOU WOULD SAY!SO DO JUST THE SAME!!!!

20 May 2010     

elderberrywine
Germany

In real "life"  this would mean that you don īt want to work in a job for a salary, therefore you are poor.
But instead of starting to look for a job  to earn money and of doing some serious work, you would suggest, no, demand that the rest of the population starts to collet money for you that would permit you to continue your idle life.

Is that what you call fair, living at the expense of others?
Is that how things work around you?
What exactly is your notion of fairness?

20 May 2010     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >