Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Your name at ESLP    

Your name at ESLP

stexstme
France

Your name at ESLP

Hi all!
I �m Stexstme - who can pronounce that ??! I can �t!! LOL This post comes from  a pm I got, asking me : �Why on Earth did you choose such a name ???! � :o)
I thought it might be fun to know about you ALL....
Sorry - I �m bored & desperate! My �new � school year is just like ...Hell. But , never mind...LOL
How did you choose your name here ?? Real name ? Birth date ?? Other ...?
Mine is basic, I �m afraid!
Stex = Saint Exupery ( I �m a book lover + it �s the name of my school!) + Stme = Saint mere Eglise = the village where I teach. ( Saint is shortened St in French.)
Stexstme = My school + the village where I teach. Simple. Not clever....Not easy to remember!LOL
How about you ???
Big smileSylvie

9 Sep 2010      

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi

You shoudn �t have explained, Sylvie, it would have been great if you asked people to guess and, if someone would be that clever to discover it, you could offer a prize.

I lost my opportunity to receive the first prize.

As someone I know used to say:
" But it isn �t fair . "

See you later, alligator
Linda

9 Sep 2010     

stexstme
France

Hiya Linda!
IF I were an important member here, I guess I could have them guess - But I �m a no one...Not funny!!!
I spy you would like to win the prize, as you already know!!!! He! He!
How about you, Sunshine, where does the O � .......lima come from? Hmm???
Sending you Love & kisses from my dull & pessimistic world..Heart

9 Sep 2010     

Lina Ladybird
Germany

The ladybird has always been my favourite animal since I was a little girl. That �s it!! Big smile

BTW, Sylvie, your nick is really horrible! LOL

9 Sep 2010     

stexstme
France

LOLSilke! I hate you!!!LOL
Thx for playing!Thumbs Up
edit : Still, I�d love to be called �silk�!!! My first name sounds like � If he lives� in French.
My psy is on vacation.
Thx for your understanding.
Stern Smile

9 Sep 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Giovanni is part of my maiden name.
Sylvie your name was well thought out.  Even if I had known your origins, I would never have guessed it.

9 Sep 2010     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi Silke

How could you say such a thing? Of course you are fully right, but the poor little tweety didn �t need to know. But it is an injustice!

Well, my name has nothing special, it �s just my first name - Olinda + one of my surnames - Lima. Very creative, isn �t it ?

My nick has always been Linda, I suppose because people look at me and they say: Wow, she is such a  beautiful,  wonderful , pretty, elegant, slim, amazing woman.
That �s it. Shocked with my sincerity?

LOTS OF LOVE / LAUGHTER
Linda

9 Sep 2010     

petili
Bulgaria

petili is a combination of the first syllables of my first name Petya and my surname Ilieva
Nothing so clever but I use it as a nickname every time I have to register and it �s easy to remember  Smile
Hugs from Bulgaria
Petya

9 Sep 2010     

yanogator
United States

Mine is a nickname that I acquired in high school (many years ago). "Yano" is the first half of my last name (from the Serbian name Jano�). In high school my older brother was nicknamed Yanobear (He was an athlete). A mutual friend decided that I needed my own animal name, so he dubbed me "Yanogator". I liked it, so I use it here and as my e-mail address.

Bruce

9 Sep 2010     

stefemma
France

Hi sylvie,

At least your nickname is original, no one could steal it from you!

And I never though of sylvie as "if he lives"! What �s more your name comes from the latin "silva" meaning forest, isn �t it better than "if he lives"?
Sylvie is also a forest flower: 

Aren �t you a beautiful flower?

Hugs
st�phanie

9 Sep 2010     

pilarmham
Spain

My horrible name (in quite a pessimistic mood myself...) comes from my real name and the initials of my first four family names (never had the patience to investigate any further, but don �t want to forget these four!)
Have a great evening!
Pilar

9 Sep 2010     

1    2    3    Next >