Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Treat others the way you would like to be treated    

Treat others the way you would like to be treated

victor
Spain

Treat others the way you would like to be treated

Two days ago, Pretty3 asked a question, and Donapeter gave her the answer, although her help also included a comment that could be considered inappropriate.

The first thing I want to say is that the more you participate and help, the more you are likely to have a bad day and choose the wrong words.

For this reason, I was quite sad with the overreaction of some users, who decided to crucify Donapeter in this thread and this thread.

Some users just expressed their opinion, and that �s fine, but one user (elprofe55) decided to start a war against Donapeter, and he forgot the essential rules that keep friendship in this forum:

Don �t start a new topic when you are replying to a previous post.
Don �t use the forum for personal attacks
Never insult other users or try to hurt them.

And this user was cricitising Donapeter for being rude! How ironic!

Anyway, I want to quote one sentence that elprofe55 wrote:
"It �s best to treat others the way you would like to be treated"

I would not publish in the forum the "errors" of this person, but surely elprofe55 agrees that he deserves to be treated the same way that he treated donapeter.

Short time ago, elprofe55 was asking for a second opportunity. His account had been cancelled, as he said, for publishing a copied worksheet. "Just a mistake" he said. In fact, it was not the first copied worksheet, but the fifth one.

Today, I �ve found that it was not the first time that this person was banned from our website for uploading copied worksheets. He had a previous account "jealex" cancelled for the same reason.

Moreover, I �ve found out that neferti, the user who started the second thread, is also elprofe55, with a fake account.

Sincerly, Alex, you are not the right person to criticise donapeter just for a few bad chosen words. That �s for sure.

Your account has been definitely cancelled for breaking multiple rules: having second accounts, insulting people in the forum, and all the worksheets you copied in the past.
Do not try to come back with a new account. You are not welcome here.

Donapeter, thanks for all your help in this website. I �m very sorry that you were the victim of all this.

I apologise for bringing this topic to the forum again, but I thought that elprofe55 deserved to be treated the way he treats others, and I also though that Donapeter deserved some grateful words.

Now, I hope we can have peace and friendship, and private disputes can remain private.

13 Dec 2010      

magneto
Greece

ClapClap Victor!

P.S.: Uhmmm...Both accounts are still active, I think...

13 Dec 2010     

youness
Jordan

I am totally with you dear.It is a shame to be like that. Do as you will be done by. As teachers, I think we must be a model for our students.We are here to share knowledge not to insult eachother. Thank you dear victor.

13 Dec 2010     

manonski (f)
Canada

Thank you Victor!
Happy holidays!

13 Dec 2010     

carinita
Argentina

I �m glad the feeling of Christmas is back Star Thanks

13 Dec 2010     

kodora
Greece

I �m really glad you took care of it!
The situation was really disappointing and frustrating.
Dora

13 Dec 2010     

Montypython
France

Thank you dear Victor!!!!!

Merry Christmas to you all!!!!!!! :) Smile

13 Dec 2010     

juliag
Japan

Thank you Victor I was very shocked and alarmed by what was going on and am so glad you have taken such swift action to resolve it. I hope we can now all get back to being the (mainly) happy, friendly place we usually are.

HAPPY MONDAY TO ALL!Hug

13 Dec 2010     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Wow, I am really shocked. Shocked

Thank you very much Victor for sorting this out. Donapeter belongs among people who have helped me a lot here and she doesn �t deserve to be treated this way (even thought sometimes she �s weirdWink).

13 Dec 2010     

mariannina
Italy

Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man �s growth without destroying his roots. 

~Frank A. Clark

I saved this from another "hot moment" we had in the past.

We are here to learn as much as possible and we are not infallible,

we make our mistakes (professional and human ones) and we need help,

it �s no use attacking one another.

Let �s hope we �ll never find another post like this in our site.

Thank you Victor... I �m sorry for Donapeter  who was attacked, but for elprofe as well.

Maybe he is too young and he needs to learn how to act with other people.

I hope that this decision to cancel him from the site make him ponder his way of doing.

Ciao Hug

13 Dec 2010     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Thank you Victor.  That was not a way that we should be spending our Sundays.  I �m so happy that you have done something about it.  It was saddening to see what was going on.  I hope in the future that we can have peace and harmony and that your message sinks into deafened ears.  Respect for one another is a must.

13 Dec 2010     

1    2    3    4    Next >