Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Where are you from? or Where do you teach?    

Where are you from? or Where do you teach?

manonski (f)
Canada

Well, this French Canadian from Quebec here (that would be me) uses the Canadian flag. English is my second language and I teach in Quebec (the province).... North of Quebec.  We are getting 35 cm of snow today. I can �t get out of my driveway because I �m snowed in. This site is keeping me entertained today.

Have a good weekend to you all!

27 Feb 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Ok, eng789
Friends

But let me make this "Ubless..." clear.
First, I said "
Unless....
" not "otherwise..." which could be understood as a threat.
Then, I agree with you "Unless... " can be understood in many ways but in no way as a threat.
My complete thought was "Unless you do not understand my point."

Sorry if I offended you in any way

27 Feb 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Maybe a good compromise would be for people to write more about themselves in their profile?
In mine I say where I come from (NZ) and where I am teaching now (in northern Sweden)
It only takes a minute to write a brief sentence Tongue
I love knowing where people are from, but also where they are now! Also I love to hear people �s stories of why and how they came to be teaching in a country other than their own or how they got into ESL teaching and why!

27 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Good point, cheezels.
Also, it would be nice if the name of the country was written somewhere (in the profile, or ... ) because not all people know ALL the flags. I sometimes have to look it up and see where the person is actually from. My flag is mistaken for a Russian one, so i had to make it clear in my profile that it is Serbian to avoid misinterpretation .. Smile

27 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Hey Ivona!!!

I use Firefox and I can see where you are from if I right-click on your flag and look under properties!
It says Serbia - loud and clear!!!

27 Feb 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I use Explorer and when I put my mouse over the flag, the name of the country appears.

27 Feb 2009     

Zora
Canada

Of course, I think it �s a wonderful idea... I am always wondering who is also a native here and who isn �t... It �s a curiosity more than anything else... maybe we could have a thread just for today, where people tell everybody a little bit about themselves... (and of course, that could later be added to their profiles...)

Smile

27 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Cool! My students would give me a clap now because i �m smarter by one thing today! (clap, clap, clap) Oh, thank you, you needn �t have ... ahem ... Cool

(Tnx cheezels Wink I just LOVE pm�s)

27 Feb 2009     

libertybelle
United States

Too funny Ivona! 

Here again we have those natives snorting away in their coffee cups.

If you write that they would clap for you - that �s fine.
If you mean a pat on the back  - that is also fine.
But if they give you the clap - that is definitely not fine!!!

(the clap is slang for a sexually transferred disease) Embarrassed

27 Feb 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

LOL

27 Feb 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >