Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Old story but I still need to get it off my chest!     

Old story but I still need to get it off my chest!

CILB
Argentina

Nobody answered my question...

It is not a matter of arguing with anybody, but don �t you think the problem is there and not with the teacher. It says flashcards...

Victor should delete that option there and thats all...

19 Mar 2009     

frenchfrog
France

I was not talking about flashcards CILB!!!
They are extremely useful!!! You can do a lot of different activities with them. There are 2 types of flashcards: with and without words. What is really nice is when a member explains how he/she personally uses the flashcards. It can give us many ideas! In fact, Vickiii created a Flashcard fan club!

19 Mar 2009     

piretraig
Estonia

I am also a new member �and I really love this site. I have learned how to improve my worksheets and I am really grateful for all the help I´ve got. I teach beginners, so worksheets I upload and download are simple and decorated with pictures. Yesterday I uploaded 3 different sheets "Where is your homework?" One of them was ws, the others flash cards. Now I feel bad, because although I added an activity (and I think it is not the worst), I still feel that some of you think that I take advantage of your work :(�

19 Mar 2009     

frenchfrog
France

Your worksheets are great piretraig because you give suggestions about what we can DO with our pupils/students!!! There is absolutely no reason for you to feel bad! You really did a great job! Keep up with the good work!Thumbs Up

19 Mar 2009     

cheezels
New Zealand

Wow I have just walked in and it really saddens me to see some of the comments.
In reply to CILB. In my opinion Flashcards are a SET of pictures. Things in the home, parts of the body etc,...there are so many topics.... But hardly ever is ONE flashcard useful... a SET is useful, a SET can be a great learning tool that generates interest and productive fun learning.
So what is the point (as some members have done and are doing...) uploading ONE picture that is meant to be a flashcard from a SET of (for example) fruits. So before the limit of uploading 3 worksheets a day, members would upload 15 separate A4 pictures which is quite ridiculous. And definitely not in the spirit of sharing.

So on an A4 page you could easily have 6 or eight flashcards. Even 4 if you wanted them bigger. I don �t see the point of an A4 picture of a banana. And that is it. I can google banana and copy and paste it onto a document faster than I can download it from here and save it.
However a SET of flashcards in the one document with 4,5 or 8 pictures on each A4 sheet with the name written underneath with maybe 2 or more pages is going to get me interested because THAT will be a great time saving resource for me. Flashcards are an awesome resource for young or new beginners!
If you go to any of the Flashcard sites around, they have printable pages A4 with 4,6,or 8 flashcards on a page.

I completely understand where French Frog is coming from. And she has every right BECAUSE Victor has stated that in his rules for contributing to the site YET people are disrespecting HIS wishes and ethos of the site. And if you are someone who has contributed so many incredibly high quality and extensive worksheets with many pages and activities, wouldn �t you want to be able to have a great selection of like materials to chose from too? If Victor had not stated what HE wants for HIS great website then there would not be an issue. The bottom line is that this website is special. There is nothing like it anywhere else. This is due to Victor �s vision and all of the wonderful teachers from around the world who contribute their great worksheets with meaningful and purposeful english learning opportunities.
I can use google anytime. So I appreciate and love the creativity and the wonderful worksheets that are shared here.

Sorry for rambling...

19 Mar 2009     

CILB
Argentina

I CANNOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE CHEEZELS.

That �s why I �m trying to find a solution. Don �t you think it is a good idea to set a limit of words you have to use to describe your worksheet and how to use it?

19 Mar 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

I have to say that I agree with our dear FrenchFrog: we have to create worksheets, not paste graphics or cards made by other artists. And no, "Mother �s Day" card �s paster (why don �t you create a paster �s club with "elpapi" and "raki"?)  FrenchFrog is neither "obsessed", nor "boring": You don �t need all these points. 30 are enough; 100 or 200 are more than enough. If you like cliparts and you care about this community, give the links for free!!!!!!!!!!! You can �t make hundreds and hundreds of points and download loads of  fantastic  ws and lesson-plans made by FrenchFrog and other wonderful teachers just by uploading cliparts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have to earn them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 I wrote a few days ago almost the same message as Gilorit just did: some of us are to blame for the number of points these people get; so let �s not download their stuff !!!! Let �s download wisely!!!
And you, dear Frog, cheer up! Look at the bright side... One example: isn �t Gabitza incredible???? Doesn �t she make you happy on a daily basis???? And there are many more wonderful true "artists" on this beloved site!!!!
All the best,
Aimee

19 Mar 2009     

frenchfrog
France

There are indeed so many treasures, so many jewels here on www.eslprintables.com. The good thing is that you find them here and not elsewhere on the net. How lucky we all are!!

19 Mar 2009     

Montypython
France

Yes, we �re incredibly lucky!!! Smile
THANK  YOU dear friends!!!!!!!!! Thumbs Up

19 Mar 2009     

mandm
Spain

DEAR LINLIN
Why are you supposed to decide how many points are enough for my contributions? I can see many rude judges over there who doesn �t take care of improving their own work... I don �t live just for a sake of points. I don �t need them to live, with 30 free downloads per day is enough. I wish my work is useful for other TEACHERS and the fact is that more than a hundred downloads of "mother �s day card" justifies it.

19 Mar 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >