Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Old story but I still need to get it off my chest!     

Old story but I still need to get it off my chest!

moravc
Czech Republic

I have joined this website only a few weeks ago and I admire all the wonderful WS I have downloaded.
When I find scan or single picture, I do not download it, I ignore it.
I prefer longer worksheets to single page so I always try to download the 3-10 paged.
I prefer outlined bw pics (printer friendly) and that �s what I can see here too.
I prefer adaptable, word documents to jpgs and that �s what I can get here.

So I am really happy I could join this wonderful community !!!

And I try to give some nice work back to make other generous teachers happy too :-)
I am grateful for the points I have received for my 4-14 paged worksheets.
Those points allow me to download "older" worksheets of great quality and size...

Be happy ! Cheer up and have a WONDERFUL WEEKEND, hardworking friends!

WinkLongSmileliveBig smileallLOLteachersEmbarrassedatApproveeslprintablesThumbs UpdotCoolcomHeart!!!Hug

19 Mar 2009     

baiba
Latvia

What is it with you people here???

As someone else noticed a few days ago, there are people who are obsessed with controlling everything, praising certain authors and telling off the other people, finding faults with worksheets that have been downloaded by so many teachers (because they got too many points???). This bickering about the number of pictures is ridiculous!
There have even been proposals about making a list of BEST authors and ranking the worksheets!!!
What is this - a contest? We don �t post worksheets here for evaluation, we choose the ones that suit our needs and leave alone the ones that we don �t consider useful, right?

I think we have brought too much personal emotion into this site and it shows on the forum.

19 Mar 2009     

GiBastos
Portugal

I totally agree with you ladybird and frenchfrog... Do you Know why? Because rules are to be respected, otherwise, we would live an anarchy.... I don �t know why these kind of pictures aren �t banned.... First time I log on this site (I can �t remember when, but it was years ago) I uploaded two or three worksheets (which I don �t now remember what kind of worksheets were) and they weren �t accepted because someone thought they weren �t an ESL resource... So, why doesn �t this happen now??why aren �t pictures banned from this site?

19 Mar 2009     

Vickiii
New Zealand

I think it became too time consuming for Victor once the sight became so popular.

FRENCHFROG  SO PLEASED TO SEE YOUR PICTURE STILL HAS A BOUNCE IN IT!!!

Frenchis has a valid point.  One picture does not an esl resource make.  Victor has also made his feelings on this clear in previous discussions - which I can �t find right now!

Why do people download rubbish with no teachable point?  Maybe they just don �t understand what quality teaching is.

I know that giving children something to colour in is definietly not teaching!!!!!

If they wrote it themselves then they would learn to spell the words, you could teach them about the why of the double pp, or the sounds of the letters, or or or or so many more things to teach!!!

I think this is a forum where everyone has a right to their opinion - yet people even abuse this right by abusing individuals who have made massive contributions to this website.

Please think before you push SUBMIT.  It would be a terrible day if Frenchie stopped keeping quality up.

I agree I hate to see all this �stolen worksheets � notices all over the forum - it is rather depressing to see that teachers are thieves, dishonest, and submit absolute crap at times.  I thought as a profession we were better than that - i am hoping those people who continue to cheat, steal, and be abusive are not really teachers just wannabes. (My rose tinted glasses at work!)

LEts all try to play nice, post informative intellectual discussions, and submit high quality worksheets that strive for excellence.

Cheers
Vicki

19 Mar 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

I don �t think we �ll resolve this issue unless people stop downloading the types of "worksheets" Frenchfrog is talking about.

Which is the worse evil: uploading them or downloading them?

19 Mar 2009     

ESL
United States

I want to disagree with you on the issue of downloading pictures and having them count- some of you have great clip art that others cannot afford to access. I often download one of your worksheets just to get the clip art.

I think that all this negative energy toward a few, by many, should be turned into making more worksheets. Come on people, we are adults here...

20 Mar 2009     

frenchfrog
France

You can say �MY work � when you actually DID / CREATED something!! Uploading a picture you did not draw yourself with no single activity in English to go with it and talking about YOUR work is simply unbelievable!!

Please, share your pictures / cliparts ... FOR FREE! Don �t get points for them! Or suggest an activity / several activities to do in English with them!

Thanks for your understanding!

20 Mar 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4