Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What is going on???    

What is going on???

Funny
Portugal

What is going on???

Hi,Hug

Last Sunday I uploaded two worksheets (Let �s go shopping - part 1 - 2 pages and Let �s go shopping - part 2 - 3 pages on the video with the same name)) and I can see they are being downloaded (not much but 21 and 18 so far). But WHERE ARE MY POINTSQuestion Question
And not a single little commentThumbs Down
Well, I think ESL has had much better days. I simply don �t understand what is going on and really am very disappointed.Cry

12 May 2009      

victor
Spain

Hi,
According to the database your worksheets were uploaded yesterday, so you will have your points tomorrow. That will be in five minutes.

Greetings,

Victor

13 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Good morning Victor,

Do you think it �s possible to arrange a �thank you � button on the download page and a message like "your work is appreciated. X members have said �thank you �."? Or something like that?

I was thinking it may ease some of the differences in opinion between members about what the �comments � are used for.

Have a wonderful day.

13 May 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi, Victor
Good evening, almost good night

That is what we can say a quick answer. Thumbs Up
All the best and again,
Thank you for what you have accepted as your job

Hi, Alien,
Good morning, afternoon, evening, night
as the time you read me shows up

That stuff of the special button already exists, haven �t you seen it around? Every now and then, when you download there is a place where the number of downloads rises, if it rises, it means someone " appreciated "
Now, when someone is really polite, something slightly different occurs. The download number rises and, in addition, you get a comment, showing a special thank you.
That is what civilized people call education.
We never take anything without saying  a SPECIAL thank you.
We don �t click on a button to thank. That is the difference.

As you told me, some days ago, you like wandering around and "I may be a bit of an agitator at times, but I really try to be helpful... well, most of the time, anyway."Clap

Just like me
Hugs

13 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Hi Olindalima,

Oh, I know about that & totally agree!

However, there have been many concerns expressed about �comments � again in the forum. It �s a recurrent bugbear.

I �m one of the members who believe comments should be constructive, not just an endless stream of �thank you �... it makes it hard to find useful information.

Just check the following links if you don �t believe me!

Thak you for your comment though! It �s always good to get some constructive & helpful ideas!

Have a good day too!

13 May 2009     

canirove
Argentina

Hi everyone!
Well the same happened to me: I posted a worksheet that has been downloaded and I �m still expecting some comments on it; not to thank me but to know teachers � opinions about my work- I will deeply appreciate that. Thumbs Up
Have a good night!
Ver�nica

13 May 2009     

Funny
Portugal

Good morning Victor,

Thank you very much for your help Thumbs Up.
I �ve already received my points.
All the bestHug

13 May 2009     

Funny
Portugal

But only the points. Still not a single commentShocked

13 May 2009