Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > HAVE A LOOK AT THIS    

HAVE A LOOK AT THIS

manonski (f)
Canada

Ok, well, I �m turning off for the night. If anyone needs my help for something about this, please PM me.

31 May 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

here you have something about scribd:

look at its description. Pay special attention to the red letters:
Scribd is a social publishing site, where tens of millions of people share
original writings and documents. Scribd �s vision is to liberate the written word

millions of people have access (download)  to those documents.

So this person is not only using these worksheets in her page but also, by uploading them in scribd, opens the download to millions of people. And if the rules change (that may happen one day or another) the wss will stay there for ever.

I remember that everybody told aftab not to upload worksheets from ESLprintables in mediafare. Why should we admit that this person do the same in scribd???

31 May 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Oh dear friends I just turned on the computer and realized about all this stuff...�

1 or 2 weeks ago I received a pm form a member of this site where she told me this:

Hi, I am from Argentina and I am working on a project on the use of the computer in the classroom, so I�d like to ask your work to used it online. Or maybe you can do this an online activity. This sheet is very useul for my class at the moment. Let me know what you think.
Thanks in advance

I replied and told her not to do so neither publish my sheets in any site... but she has not replied upto now... I wonder if this is the only site or blog with stolen sheets

31 May 2009     

luadosolzinho
Brazil

Hello eveybody. I was about to talk about this member at the forum because she has uploaded one of my worksheets WITHOUT as king my permission AND without GIVING  ANY CREDITS to its author who happens to be ME! See that: http://cristinamaestre.blogspot.com/search/label/Vocabulary

Before mentioning that here, I have e-mailed here las Friday (May 29th) and she didn �t EVEN answered. Of course she wouldn �t do that!!! I �m tryllu angry with her behavior! Who does she think she is to do that? I �m not againts other teachers using the material I prepare - and that �s why I share my material HERE. However, publishing our material somewhere else and pretend she doesn �t know the author is terrible! As I can see, she didn �t do that only to me. I want to know what happens now. Will she still upload OUR material there, and everywhere else? And nothing is to happen?

By the way, if she manages to take my Simpsons Quiz before you guys see that on her page, I have a picture.

Anyway, I would like to know the other members opinion about it. It happened with me, with other teachers and it could happen to any of you. By the way, Victor, isn �t anything we or you could do about it? Can �t she be banned from the site because of such behavior?

P.S: Cristina Maestre, take MY worksheet from you site because I didn �t give you ANY permission to do that!

Best Wishes,

Vanessa

31 May 2009     

Abdelhadi
Morocco

I think we all should admit that this is how it works over the net nowadays. Plagiarism has become something common. Piracy is even worse since they do it with works which cost millions of dollars. Well, this is the net with all its advantages and disadvantages. I don �t say that we should give in, rather I mean that we need to be well equipped so as to preserve our work and stop those who want to use it without our permission.

To my mind, One of the things that we should primarily own is unity of purpose. We should all work together to be one iron hand against those who steal our work seeking fame and money. However, this iron hand can �t see light without the existence of a clear precise rule which aims at protecting our works and which should be there in a rules section on the website. So Victor should act promptly to stop this!

As regards the other eslprintables wss which are already used by these bloggers, I guess we can just try and talk to these people although I �m sure that many of them won �t deter from posting the wss since there is no prior rule forbidding that wrong act. You know, it �s the power of rules which scares some people and not just complaints or warnings.

I just hope that most of the bloggers respond positively to us

Until then have a good night. It �s too late here

Abdelhadi                                   

31 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

I agree with many of the comments here.

My dear colleague Abdelhadi has also echoed my thoughts about the prevalence of piracy & the internet...

In the rules which all members agree to when they open an account it states:

• The printables included in this website are property of their authors. When you send us a printable you agree that other people can download and use it.
  • The printables included in this website can be downloaded for personal use only. You are not allowed to use them for commercial purposes, nor to publish them by any means.
This means that those members who have published worksheets & other uploads from here are breaking the rules of the site membership if they do not get permission of the owner of the work.

It follows that those members should be advised they are breaking an important condition of their membership and should lose their membership status.

I feel it is impossible to stop people from pirating/copying/stealing/call it whatever you will. However a concerted effort to contact people who use unauthorised work when it is seen along with alerting Victor to breaches of a member �s agreement is a good thing. It won �t eradicate the problem but it is a good & purposeful thing to do.

Regards to all,
AB

31 May 2009     

eng789
Israel

Wow - all this has been going on while I was sleeping. 

I �m shocked that people steal wss but I really don �t know what you can do about it. 
It is even possible that people have downloaded the wonderful wss here and prepared actual workbooks for sale without the members even knowing. 

How could you possibly know what someone is doing with your stuff - half way around the world? I really can �t see how you can control it.  Once someone becomes a member,  he can do what he wants with the wss - they are free to anyone that wants them.

I feel terrible for all those affected by this - but I really can �t think of a solution.

31 May 2009     

alex1968
Greece

Hi Guys!

Thanx to Mar for drawing this to our attention! 

It seems that some bloggers are shamelessly using members � of this sites hard work and either
1) passing it off as their own
2) naming the owner but not asking persmission.

I think it would be a good idea to draw up a User Agreement Licence like mes-english has?

Or some type of copyright statement saying that the ws are the sole property of the creator and no part can be reproduced without written permission etc. etc.

That way, we �d have some sort of tool to fight this type of abuse.

Anyway, I think we need to PM any members whose work appear on blogs so that they can decide what they �d like to do.

Have a Super Sunday...anyone like to join me for a cup of tea in overcast Thessaloniki?
At least it �s cool!!!

Hugs,
Alex

31 May 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Ummm. I think that is already covered in our membership agreement (just click Register at the top of the page...)

So members have already made a �user agreement � as a condition of their membership. One of the reasons why MES English �user agreement � is well known & generally adhered to is because of Mark �s effort to advise people who use his work without permission - hence the importance of all members here to advise & warn people who use materials from this site without permission.  It �s the only way (short of legal proceedings) that users & owners rights can be assured.

It is conceivable that any member here could sue another person who has used their material without authorisation and in a way that is not in accordance with the registration conditions and rules. Whether or not it would actually be an effective action is another story...
If someone has made money off your work without gaining your permission then a lawsuit is an effective response because they have made money from their misappropriation. Then you could feel free to sue!

31 May 2009     

frenchfrog
France

I have just left the following comment on http://english-myeslcorner.blogspot.com:

Frenchfrog said...

Please, remove my worksheet on the Passive Voice. I am the real author of this worksheet: http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=113410#thetop.
Please, have some respect for the other teachers whose worksheets you also took without asking for their permission:
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=186899#thetop
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=177239#thetop
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=188921#thetop
http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=220936#thetop

IT HURTS!!!

Frenchfrog

Please, write to the owners of these blogs!!!

31 May 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    Next >