Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > HAVE A LOOK AT THIS    

HAVE A LOOK AT THIS

ASA3000
Egypt

I agree with isabelzr .....yes ..we should cacel those bloggers � accounts.  Of course it would be better to lose them rather than losing such great members of the site such as Katiana and Mena. 

To Katiana and Mena and all those whose wss have been stolen and published on other sites...

Please .. don �t feel so depressed ... I know how you feel .. but you can look at that issue from the positive side.. your wss are wonderful masterpieces , so they are liable to be stolen by anybody. You should feel proud for this.

31 May 2009     

Mar (itxasobcn)
Spain

asa3000, if Katiana reads this, she won �t like it at all.

As missola said, we �ve chosen to put our work here, not on a blog. If we wanted to have a blog, we would have created one ourselves.
Some people don �t want their ws on a blog, with or without permission.
We don �t want a blog and if we ever create one, which we won �t, we would do as frenchfrong. She has a wonderful blog made with her own work, not with stolen ws from other people.

31 May 2009     

marta_marta
Poland

I think that stricter copyright rules shoud be introduced here. Moreover, as far as I know there is no link to the rules that must be obeyed here, which makes it difficult to the new members to learn about the site. 
However, I �d like to make it clear that we shouldn �t blame everything on the fact that somebody in new here. STEALING IS WRONG and it �s a UNIVERSAL LAW.

Best Regards,
Marta

31 May 2009     

mariamit
Greece

I just logged in and I �m in shock. I can �t believe this. I agree with almost everything stated previously. I will only add that I think we should wait for Victor �s opinion too.

31 May 2009     

Abdelhadi
Morocco

I �ve just tried to open that blog http://cristinamaestre.blogspot.com/ and it seems it has been deleted. I guess the good result of unity is in effect 

31 May 2009     

gabitza
Romania

Dear Mar and everybody,
What a shame! I believe what happened is outrageous. But I also believe in unity, as Abdelhadi said.  
In spite of what happened, we shouldn �t give up - we ought to keep on sharing as this site is a treasure and the ultimate beneficials are our Ss and our children.
Thieves are everywhere - were - and (unfortunately) will be! They don �t make a difference, but we do!
Gabitza

1 Jun 2009     

liverpuliana
Spain

I just logged in and I think Katiana and Mar have the perfect right to be angry and decide not to upload anymore. Their worksheets are masterpieces and they have decided to share them with us (luckily for us). They haven �t decided to publish them in a blog so I totally agree with Mar. You are right. I �ve got a blog about "Romeo and Juliet" and there are stacks of material here about Shakespeare and his plays. Well, I would never ever publish this material in my blog, because it �s not mine. I borrowed it for my students but not to make a profit out of it or to show off with other colleagues. Come on, are we teachers or what? What do these thieves teach their students? It �s embarrassing.
I �m so sorry about Katiana and Mar. I can imagine how they feel because it has happened to me sometimes, in my own school, which it �s even worse.
Un gran abrazo para las 2 y os echaremos de menos. Si hay algo que pueda hacer, no dudeis en ped�rmelo. Os lo debo por vuestras maravillosas fichas.

2 Jun 2009     

Abdelhadi
Morocco

Yes gabitza you are right.  

Are we going to leave the site bcz our wss were published somewhere else without our permission?

Let�s use some logic please. We already share one point of view which is that publishing someone�s ws without getting their permission is a type of stealing and misappropriation. We all hate this evil deed. Does anyone in the world like stealing? Of course not. Even a thieve himself doesn�t like his property to be stolen by whomever. But can we get rid of stealing for good? The answer is yes and no.

Yes, if we issue a clear and strict rule regarding this matter in question, which can allow us to sue whomever breach this rule. Certainly this will protect our wss from any misuse. However, this may be costy as Victor will have to pay for the registration of the copyright and so.

No, if Victor simply doesn�t issue the above mentioned rule and then register it.

Well, what if Victor is unable to register that rule ? (I don�t know if it is already among the site rules since we don�t have a rules section in the site) Are we going to leave the site bcz our wss are being misused by some dishonest, cunning opportunists? Do you think that we are the only ones who suffer from this on the net? Don�t you know that there are hundreds of ESL websites on the net? Do you think that their situation is better? There are hundreds of ESL websites but there are also thousands of thieves roaming the net every hour and as gabitza said: Thieves are always there - were - and will always exist.

For me, I�m not going to leave the site bcz some thieves may steal my wss and use it for their benefit. Since I signed up to this site and accepted to upload my wss there, then I knew that my wss are going to be used by the good people and the bad ones alike. You just can�t stop it. I just take it for granted now since my main concern is the benefit of the good teachers and students and not the thieves.

I just don�t care if I spend a lot of time and effort to make a ws to help some teachers and students, then someone misuses this ws. I neither have dreams to be famous nor do I wait for people to praise me for my work. This doesn�t satisfy my soul, rather I�m satisfied when a teacher uses my ws in his/her class and helps students learn better.

So dear thieves!! Take my ws or leave it, I�m not going to leave the site!

So plz Mar and Katiana just come back! And if you don�t come back I�ll go....

I�ll go to tell you to come back

Have a good day!

Abdelhadi

2 Jun 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6