Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > precious space    

precious space

Hannale
Greece

precious space

I do not usually write on the message board unless there is something which bothers me.And today just out of curiosity searching for users from my country, I found that there are 116 pages with people from Greece.But what an unpleasant surprise I had when I realised that only the first 10 pages have users with points,which means these are the people who contribute to the site.All the rest of the pages have users who either have less than 10 points or no points at all.
I think that these users with no contributions should be removed from the site after some logical period of time.
What do you think?
Does this happen with people from your countries?

4 Jun 2009      

silvia.patti
Italy

I think you are right: if they don �t upload anything, they should be removed

4 Jun 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

you are absolutely right!
but are we sure that there isn �t a period of time you mentioned? it might have been thought by Victor.

4 Jun 2009     

serene
Greece

I �m afraid I don �t agree with you, Hannale. These users aren �t allowed to download anything since they haven �t got any points. But why should they be prevented from using this site? Why shouldn �t they be able to ask for and receive advice from experienced members? Perhaps they, too, can offer somebody help through the forum. I think deleting their accounts would be against the spirit of helping and sharing, which is the most important feature of this great site.
Have a nice day all of you! Smile
serene

4 Jun 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

4 Jun 2009     

nkappa
Greece

As Ivona said many times in this forum there was a discussion on that issue. And if I �m not mistaken the conclusion was that these users are not deleted because the site has to show as many users as possible.
And of course you are complete right but...

4 Jun 2009     

verybouncyperson
Spain

Hannale... you think users in Greece are bad, you should look at Spain!  As I said in another forum thread, I completely agree that this site is about more than just worksheets, but you do have to wonder sometimes...

4 Jun 2009     

Abdelhadi
Morocco

I completely agree with you Hannale. I even made a clear suggestion concerning the same topic three days ago. You can check the link of my thread:

Focus on paragraph 7 and 8 of my post. Everything is stated there with examples. Then you can read the comments of some members and you will realize how useless it is to discuss such topics with such users who lack in sound arguments and clear way of thinking. These users think about themselves only and not about the benefit of the website in general, which means that they suffer from a psychological problem. I �m no longer surprised about some disagreements here since I know now where the problem lies.

P.S. Serene I agree with you, but that �s if we are sure those users with 0 points are active on the forum. However, The message I wanted to convey was about another type of ppl. Check my thread plz

Have a good day

AbdelhadiSmile

4 Jun 2009     

manonski (f)
Canada

Abdelhadi,
The fact that I disagree with your proposition in the link you provided does not mean that  I only think about myself or that I suffer a psychological problem. 

4 Jun 2009     

Missfrancisca
Spain

I think there should be a minimum of contributions it is very easy to get 30 points and download everyday 30 handouts or ppt without any restriction.

4 Jun 2009     

bigbang
Portugal

I completely agree with Serene. This site is about sharing and this means work or ideas. We are people of the world. I wonder why we are always so eager to segregate and put aside other people. What harm can they cause if they use space in the forum? Plese do open your minds and share this open spirit with your students. That �s the only way, in my opinion, to make a better world. Having a place to exchange ideas is giving people the right to Freedom of expression and only people who have ever been deprived of it can value this possibily.

Give words and dialogue a chance!!! =)
BigbaNG

4 Jun 2009     

1    2    3    4    5    6    Next >