Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > "Welcome to ESL printables, we īre glad to give you 5 points as a starter present and are looking forward to your contributions" - how does that sound?    

"Welcome to ESL printables, we īre glad to give you 5 points as a starter present and are looking forward to your contributions" - how does that sound?

Victoria-Ladybug
Israel

You are right Victor.

Tha īt s the real problem!!!Hug

5 Aug 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

mjap, I think we can be more generous than that.
We have a lot to give ...
how strange that you talk about stealing. . . criminal vocabulary??
I believe you can judge a community on how welcoming and how generous it is. If it keeps to itself and excludes others or imposes too much I doubt its quality.

5 Aug 2009     

victor
Spain

It could be possible to detect repeated IPs, but it is very easy to change the IP.
On the other hand, the same IP doesn īt mean the same person. It could be two teachers from the same school...

5 Aug 2009     

elderberrywine
Germany

Well, make it three points then. Would anybody bother going through the whole process of becoming a member just for three worksheets, and then start all over again?

5 Aug 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

if one is determined , s/he īll undoubtedly struggle and collect points by creating like me and other members with points. what I can īt stand is laziness. this 5 points in question will convey new members into laziness.and what īs more, as Victor mentioned, it īs not harder to get another membership than to create a good worksheet in order to collect points.

5 Aug 2009     

baiba
Latvia

I see Victor īs point and I think it is best to leave everything as it is. Do we desperately need those who are impatient and selfish?
The rules of this site are perfectly clear and there are hundreds of other sites...

5 Aug 2009     

mena22
Portugal

GSmileSmileD morning dear Dorothea! I totally agree with you for the reasons you īve stated and because I believe this way we wouldn īt have thousands and thousands of registered members with 0 Points, being only important for the site in terms of statistics. It is possible that with such an incentive new registered members will become active members, taking and sharing like many of us do. That would be an improvement! 

I īm sure victor will give it some thought but it wouldb be important to read other members ī opinions.

Hugs from my hometown, Angra do Heroísmo

How about coming with me next year? You could visit Pontas Delgada, where I live, and then Angra. Smile

5 Aug 2009     

bamarcia
Brazil

The gift sounds really nice, but Victor is absolutely right. I sometimes use the school PC and other teachers do so too, or we use each other īs laptop when it īs closer. So, the IP idea is not 100% guaranteed. Hope someone has another good idea!

Great day!

Marcia

5 Aug 2009     

Aimee/S.
Israel

What I can say is:
My opinion = Baiba īs
Great photos, Mena! Thanks!!!
Heart Aimee

5 Aug 2009     

Zora
Canada

I know people are going to yell and scream at me for this BUT... what if there were two types of membership?

A normal one - like we all have right now, contribute and share type of thing ... and a possible "surcharge type membership" i.e. pay 3 euros a month to download 50 (for example) worksheets?? This could be a way to maintain the site and stop the typical uncreative (not all of us are good at designing things) teacher from complaining about how he spent two hours signing up and blah, blah...

5 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    Next >