Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > "Welcome to ESL printables, we īre glad to give you 5 points as a starter present and are looking forward to your contributions" - how does that sound?    

"Welcome to ESL printables, we īre glad to give you 5 points as a starter present and are looking forward to your contributions" - how does that sound?

elderberrywine
Germany

I wonder who mena īs invitation was meant for - just me ( because she addresed me at the beginning of her post *gg*) or all of us?

Well, I īll be generous and take you ALL along.

Let īs all go to see mena22 next summer.

We īll have a WONDERFUL time, no doubt about it!!

Pontas Delgada, here we come!! Wink

5 Aug 2009     

mr.dgdln
Turkey

we share just for the sake of share. I īd not like to be here anymore if money comes into question on this site. it didn īt sound good to my ear.

5 Aug 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

I agree with Victor.
We all had to go through  the first few stages: creating own ws, uploading, waiting for points. Every good teacher has already got some worksheets, so it shouldn īt be problem to upload them.
As I was reading the very rude message today, I can īt believe such person could be a teacher. That īs must be some kind of joke... And why we should make it easier to people like this one (or the one next week)? Most of the people here is working hard to get their points and I don īt believe that these people would contribute. It seems to me they want to just take but not to give. And yes, I also believe they would go through the whole process of registration just to get their 3 welcome points.

Michaela

5 Aug 2009     

mena22
Portugal

I hadn īt seen victor īs perspective and he īs absolutely right. But so is Dorothea! Please let īs find together a way to make registered members active members. Otherwise what īs the point of having so many members? There must be something that we can do. As I said, this would be quite an improvement for the site.

You īre all welcome Dorothea! Remember the ESLprintables congress in the Azores I offered to organize? Wink

5 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

What about giving a credit of 5 (or more) points when uploading the first WS.
Just an idea.

But all this does not excuse the rudeness and impoliteness. I suggest that new comers who right start this way should have there account cancelled.

5 Aug 2009     

eng789
Israel

Great idea!  : )

5 Aug 2009     

redrover
United Kingdom

I think taking the time to register and then having to upload some work is not all that much trouble, I think it īs only trouble to people who have a class the next day which they haven īt prepared for and in the last minute they start searching online for a quick freebie. And frankly speaking they would be crap teachers one way or another, further more, they would hardly make model members for the site.

I will say though I myself considered having to download the toolbar before I could actually complete the registration process something of a liberty, I had no desire for yet another tool bar, having said that, it hardly made major problems in my life. I think that kind of person would simply download 5 points worth and then upload the very same thing they had just downloaded in order to get more. Bigger doesn īt mean better, and friendship is wasted on the unfriendly.

5 Aug 2009     

brahmam
India

Yes, Goodnesses, that sounds great! Give 5 points to a new member when they upload their first worksheet. But it can be done when no one downloads their work within 2 days or so.
What do you say?

5 Aug 2009     

Tere-arg
Argentina

I do not like the idea.

A real teacher can survive with no extra help.
We are supposed to be able to prepare our own material and classes.
Why, then, the urgency to download material?

Every time I read somebody needs something "urgently", I wonder if that person IS a teacher.

I think everything is fine as it is.

5 Aug 2009     

Poohbear
Germany

If you read Scotbuzz ī ideas about dummy accounts, I think we should be careful about giving away free points, no matter if it īs 3 or 5! Victor īs point is very clear.
Furthermore: Everyone who asks for help on this forum can be sure to obtain it.
And personally, I strongly feel that it īs a great honour to be a part of this community.This is something which is worth working for.

5 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    Next >