Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > "Welcome to ESL printables, we īre glad to give you 5 points as a starter present and are looking forward to your contributions" - how does that sound?    

"Welcome to ESL printables, we īre glad to give you 5 points as a starter present and are looking forward to your contributions" - how does that sound?

Tere-arg
Argentina

Now, only two questions:

1. Does a real teacher need to find her/his work already done by other  to do her/his work?
It may help, give ideas, widen the mind,  etc...but ...is it such a need that the new member cannot wait for some days?

2. Whatīs the purpose of so many members with 0 point?
Why are they still here?
Maybe I am  wrong, but it seems as if they once joined in out of curiosity and then lost interest...or what...?

Well people,  do not get so upset at discussing different points of view.
We are NEVER going to come to a complete agreement and that is good. It means the community is alive, thinking and eager to do and improve things... Smile

Time to start my long aft/evening. See you. Enjoy!

5 Aug 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

There isn īt a huge difference of opinion here. We all want to see more active members. Without blowing my trumpet What I do is to look through members from different countries who have say between 20-29 points and download their worksheets to make their 30 points and pm/email them and let them know. I think many more colleagues could that without depleting their point too much. I feel this way youÂīll have many more active members.

5 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

You are an example of generosity with the loads of links you post almost everyday Aftab57.
and you last tip here is another good way of being generous.

5 Aug 2009     

moravc
Czech Republic

it would make a difference only if those "pre-active members" have included their e-mail...
I suppose they never come back if they think they cannot download... :-(

5 Aug 2009     

victor
Spain

Maybe we should have other ways of contribution.
Someone told me "If I were able to create such wonderful worksheets, I wouldn īt need your website so much".
There could be people who find it hard to make worksheets but could be very creative and generous suggesting games and teaching ideas, providing links, answering questions, etc.

We could build a database of classroom games and teaching ideas, classified according to the age, level, skills, etc.  There could be a "thankyou" button, and the user could get 1 point for 10 thankyous, for example.
The same "thankyou" button could be in the forum, to give points to those who help others with their answers.

5 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Seems very fair according to me.

5 Aug 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Wonderful ideas!

I didn īt read all the thread, but I would like to suggest that we could make tutorials for new members and that after the first day they could be free and as part of the registering step, a link could appear suggesting: Are you ready to start uploading? Maybe you want to download our tutorials first - they are free. What about?

Thanks for the ideas and the continuing improvement in the site. It īs the best on ESL and I know what I īm talking about because I īm a real "nerd" in internet.

Thanks

Zailda

5 Aug 2009     

Kate (kkcat)
Russian Federation

Hello my dear colleagues! I īve just read through all the thread and respect all the opinions mentioned but personally I think that if a new memeber is given 5 points  - the site will definitely become overloaded with hundreds of one-day accounts...Not all people will accept this as a stimulus :( . Unfortunately.
I like the idea of a database  of classroom games, activities and ideas, I think it can be very very helpful for all memebers of the site. īThank you ī button is a very sensible idea, I agree that sometiems some members simply don īt have time to create and share their worksheets or any other reasons...but they can give good and useful advice and help somehow and even support in difficult emotional situations connected with teaching, so these people DEFINITELY deserve a BIG "THANK YOU" and getting a point after this THANK you is a nice additional thing that will help them out if they need a WS.

Have a good day!!!
Kate

5 Aug 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

I also think that providing a free tutorial is an excellent idea.
The idea of points for teaching suggestions and ideas sounds like something that would really work.  As many of you have already seen from the daily posts there are many members who more than contribute to this site with their ideas and help.  That to me is just as worthy as a worksheet.

5 Aug 2009     

joebcn
Andorra

I agree with DOUGLAS and GIOVANNI 100%. Thumbs Up
Victor, your idea sounds great as well. Clap
Joe

5 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    6    7    Next >