Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Libraries Tempting Students!! How????With Coffee!!!    

Libraries Tempting Students!! How????With Coffee!!!

sarahgriffin
Ireland

I �m sorry, who �s idalina??

Give your opinion on the library.  Not me

21 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

Dear I don�t resent anything. You said it yourself. "
I hate to say it, because it sounds rude ... but you know the saying "Move with the times??""
 I am giving my opinion about what a "library" should. You are at the limits of arrogance and impoliticness.

"
That is ignorant." If this is not being rude and offending, I wonder what would it be when you are.

You �d better take idalina �s advice seriously.

21 Aug 2009     

anamb7
Argentina

Hi people
I don �t want to join the discussion. Just wanted to share this website I came across while surfing the net.  Here you might find some useful tips to stimulate children �s reading skills,
help them develop a love of reading and have fun with interactive books in the classroom library. 

21 Aug 2009     

Zora
Canada

Goodness and Nika... shame on you both. Unhappy  Sarah �s post was in no way rude or implying anything. Her words were correct, polite and to the point. We all have different opinions and there is no need to be insulting.

Both her and I have the same views, we have both stated it calmly and in a reasonable tone. She just used an expression that obviously some of you have taken quite "literally". She was in no way criticizing, she was just explaining - as I did - that we must move with times. Reading is a dying "art", people no longer use libraries like they used to. Heck, in my village the library closed altogether because people do not read... and nothing was done to stop it, nor get people to use it more...

THAT could be the future... Things need to be done. Should we throw cushions on the floor and paint the walls with unicorns? Why not? If it gets kids to read, then sure. Should we have theme rooms, or hot chocolate stands? Can �t see why not? If it draws non-readers to a place where they might pick up a book....

21 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

No, Zora.
Don �t compare your way to hers. The proof no one reacted to your posts as being rude.

This discussion is becoming ridiculous now.

This is my last post hear.

21 Aug 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Hi again guys,

Wow!!! I read all ur posts  and they are all sensible in a way or another though I feel coffee is not a good idea to lure students to read.

Pinar �s description of a perfectly comfortable nice library is reall nice, but I don �t imagine it that way. I �ve always pictured it the old-fashioned way, maybe coz I love oldies.

I want to thank anamb coz she tried to find us an alternative to coffee. She searched other ways to plant love and passion to read . That �s what matters in the very end.

If someone loves reading, coffee will never ever be a cause for him. This very someone will read for other reasons. Right????

21 Aug 2009     

goodnesses
Algeria

PS: Thanks a lot anamb7  that a good and constructive contribution.

21 Aug 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

I agree with you Ladybird. Sarah never was not rude at all.

@ Goodness. Dear oh dear I never thought you would turn it into a personal attack on Sarah. I always considered you to be a very gentle lady tut tut tut.Smile

Caroline.

21 Aug 2009     

Nebal
Lebanon

Wait a minute!! Isn �t goodness a man??? Are u sure Caroline??
Sorry for wandering away from the topic.

21 Aug 2009     

Caroline565
Australia

Oh dear ...have I made a huge error...my oh my...I �m in big trouble now if that is so!!! On with the flak jacket Wink

21 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5    Next >