Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Libraries Tempting Students!! How????With Coffee!!!    

Libraries Tempting Students!! How????With Coffee!!!

Portugal

I really appreciated your contribution, anamb7  .
 I �ve been through the links . Made me remember all the libraries where I spent so pleasant times. British Council is one of them. I still keep my first card: 1965, 13yo. I�ve got a new one, too. No relevant differences in the photos, though. So, I guess I should show my appreciation sending you this: a futuristic library in Taiwan:

What do you think of it? Well, not just a cover up for the next one, the library just across the street here.

There are several rooms, in fact. There is a small bar at the entrance: this library is always loaded with students, and young people need "supplies".

Further,  there is a space - round tables - where people read newspapers. And a huge message board where readers write suggestions/complaints; everybody gets a proper response.

To the left there �s the children �s room, in fact, 3 rooms: library itself, with a space for storytellers, room for painting and other creative activities, a small auditorium with trunks loaded with fancy clothes: let �s pretend!

In the middle, the media area: computers, cd, films, generation gap replaced by generation-connect.

To the left, the big library itself, too floors, paintings on the walls, always loaded with ss. Every time I go there, I meet some of the ss I have worked with  for the last 23 years I �ve lived in the neighbourhood.

See you around!
 EDIT: Hello, Caroline! What are you doing there in the pic with the fancy costume? Are you the wolf? I�ll be the fox. Ready to play with the children? Come along! And you too, sweet Nebal, you�ll be the princess.

21 Aug 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    5