Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What Book Are You Reading Right Now?    

What Book Are You Reading Right Now?

Mishuna
Argentina

The Picture of Dorian Gray...excellent writer!!

10 Oct 2009     

epit
Turkey

Today I bought three books.One is O vencedoresta so by Paulo Coelho.(The one who won is alone)The second one belongs to an  (I guess)American author.Its name is Waiting for Autumn.The third one is The Missing Rose that belongs to a young Turkish writer Serdar �zkan.The last one is a best seller  but I haven �t heard about it yet. But It was published in 28 languages.And also I read the 44th child İt was really interesting and you learn a lot about the period.Hugs to allthe members of book Club and sites members

10 Oct 2009     

Enrica57
Italy

This summer I read four really enthralling books:
"The Guernsey Literary and potato peel pie society" by Mary ann Shaffer, a beautiful epistolary novel set during the Nazi occupation of the Channel Islands,
"The White Tiger" by Aravind adiga, a completelty new description of India,
"The book Thief" by marchs Zusak, second world war by an unexpected poit of view
"Miss Pettigrew lives for a day" by Winifred Wilson, hilarious and very nice
Try them

10 Oct 2009     

baiba
Latvia

I am finishing "A Year in the World" by Frances Mayes.
I love travel books, especially if they are very intelligent (like the books F. Mayes writes) and packed with information about the background of the place, the ways people live, what they do, what they eat, how they relax. It is so fascinating!

10 Oct 2009     

Bare
Croatia

I have discovered audio books recently and I �m enjoying listening and reading Robert Paolini �s trilogy ( Eragon) now .I know I �m not up to date but I love it!!!

10 Oct 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Hi Linda!

Nice topic... I am currently reading "Pedro Paramo" a Mexican book that talks about a guy who goes to look for his father (he does not know him and wants to...) but the town is full of ghosts and everytime he talks to a person  he discovers he talked to a death (or ghost)

At the end... do you want me to tell you the end?) lol

10 Oct 2009     

almaz
United Kingdom

I love reading and I love these threads. 

My lazy, late summertime reading has just finished with The Diamond Age by Neal Stephenson and The Suspicions of Mr Whicher by Kate Summerscale and, in a fit of Autumn optimism, I �ve just started The Luminous Life of Lilly Aphrodite by Beatrice Colin.

By the way, Mishuna, have you read Will Self �s modern (-ish) version of Dorian Gray called, simply, Dorian? I loved it - almost as good as the original.

More, please, folks.

Alex

10 Oct 2009     

pauguzman
Argentina

I �m reading two books at the same time ..."The Woman in White" by Willie Collins ( pretty interesting) in English and  (I write the name of the book in English , but I �m reading the Spanish translation) "Of Murder considered as one of the Fine Arts" by Thomas De Quincey.

10 Oct 2009     

Samantha.esl
Italy

Hi,

I love the book Shadow of the Wind, it has such a rich, descritptive vocabulary.This is very characteristic of Carlos Ruiz Zaf�n. All his books are awesome.

I �m currently reading Twins by Tessa de Loo.

10 Oct 2009     

mjpa
Spain

I�m astonished some of you, so far away, are reading some of our most well-known writers like Ruiz Zaf�n or P�rez Reverte.
At the moment I�m reading Isabel Allende�s last book: "La Isla bajo el Mar" (The Island under the Sea?). I�ve read all her books and I love her.
Somebody recommended Dracula or Frankenstein for this time of the year. I have to say that it�s a very good recommendation. I�ve read Dracula 6 or 7 times.

10 Oct 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >