Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > What Book Are You Reading Right Now?    

What Book Are You Reading Right Now?

JulietaVL
Mexico

Mjpa... Some of my favorite books are of Isabel Allende

I�ve read twice "La casa de los espiritus" ("The spirit�s house??")... it is great!!!!!!!!!...

Actually there�s a movie about this book with Antonio Banderas, have you seen it? everytime I see that it will be on tv I don�t miss it! :D

10 Oct 2009     

colibrita
United Kingdom

I love threads like these.....

Me, well, I �ve just finished "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" the first part of the Stieg Larsson trilogy. Fab book, I read it in just a few days. Very dark in places though. Not for the fainthearted.

I �m now into something lighter (so far anyway) - "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen, about a man who joins a travelling circus during the Great Depression. I �ve not read anything quite like it. It �s kind of Tim Burton-esque!

10 Oct 2009     

mjpa
Spain

I haven�t seen the film Julieta. I know about it, but when there is a film based on a book I like, it usually happens to me that I don�t like it, so ..........
But, La Casa de los Espiritus (I think it has been translated like the house of spirits, but i`m not sure) is wonderful. And Paula is great too. And Hija de la Fortuna, Retrato en Sepia and some others are fantastic.
By the way, Como agua para chocolate, from your neighbour Laura Esquivel is also great. And I�ve seen the film in that case too, and it did not dissapoint me. On the contrary, it made me re-read the book again.
As you can see, I�m quite fond of South-American writers. ANd of course, my favourite one is Garc�a M�rquez.

10 Oct 2009     

carinaluc
Argentina

I �m reading a non-fiction book, �The Boston Strangler � which is about the famous crimes in that city during the 60s.  I �m not reading it for fun, it has to do with my other job apart from teaching (read my profile if you don �t know what I mean).

Lots of love

Carina

10 Oct 2009     

lockman
Morocco

Tales of the Alhambra

10 Oct 2009     

lockman
Morocco

Tales of the Alhambra

10 Oct 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

"Como agua para chocolate" is awesomw!!!

The movie of "La Casa de los Espititus" was good, I liked it, it did not dissapoint me at all, acually now I�ve put faces to the characters, lol!...

This Colombian author, Gabriel Garc�a Marquez is a really nice author... my favorite one is "Cien a�os de soledad"... I�ve never ever read a book as nice as this one, It is my book number 1... hehehe

10 Oct 2009     

trelly
Argentina

I �m in the mood for vampires :P

I �m reading Eclipse. I really love the similitude with Wuthering Heights! (New Moon, the previous book, was really similar to Romeo and Juliet!)
(I did some research and I came across this: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Eclipse-by-Stephenie-Meyer-SEPT/Wuthering-Heights-references-throughout-Eclipse/m-p/95426 in case you are reading the same book)

On my "Read Soon" List:
Breaking Dawn
The Lord of the Rings
Harry Potter 1-7

11 Oct 2009     

Portugal

The Cambrige Handbook of Multimedia Learning, edited by Richard Mayer

The Oxford Handbook of Internet Psyghology, edited by Joinson, Mckenna, Postmes & Reips.

The Handbook of Online Research Methods, edited by Fielding, Lee & Balnk

however....,

Jesusalem (no typo here!) by Mia Couto, a Mozambiquean writer, translated into German, French, Spanish, Catalan, English and Italian, and I mention this, because those translators must be having a hard time translating... if there is some tiny little justice in this World, he �s going to win the Nobel Prize, because although he writes in Portuguese, he is from Mozambique (so, no close awards to the same country). Even better when they are illustrated by Danuta Wojciechowska, Swiss-Polish ascendance, born in Canada. She �s a hell of an illustrator!

Best regards,
IJ
(I will remove this pick later)

11 Oct 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

I �m reading "The Third Chapter" by Sara Lawrence-Lightfoot about life between the ages of 50 and 75. I �m in there.

11 Oct 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >