Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > About the reporting section and stolen contributions..    

About the reporting section and stolen contributions..

Nounaya 73
Algeria

Stop please gossiping me am relly wrong and i �ve appologised to them

11 Oct 2009     

alien boy
Japan

Hi Samantha!

Interesting discussion you �ve continued...

I agree with you, it is important for discussion re �revenge � behaviour, stealing & the like.

As Libertybelle said in her much earlier post(s), this is a group problem & one that has plagued ESLPrintables for a long time. It �s not just involving moderators but all members of this site.

In theory, there are already mechanisms in place to deal with members who do all the bad things that have been discussed. The problem is that there is nothing to stop the same barred individual from creating another account (& don �t start on IP Addresses for identification purposes, not everyone has a static IPA, so so if you wanted to create accounts it �s easy enough to get around identifiers if you really want to).

My opinion is that people like that are just not worth wasting you �re breath or sweat over.
I know I �m not a moderator, nor do I get heavily into either uploading or downloading materials , so really, I am not anywhere near as involved as many of our forum participants, but I do feel that the less discussion space that is devoted to these people & the more direct action (reporting, removing stolen work, advising Victor of continued abuse for purposes of banning) the better off we all will be.

Maybe there should be a few moderators to be the direct conduits for a proposed black list? This may make it easier for Victor to respond to direct contact. He must surely get a huge number of emails & PMs, so if he knew to be aware of contacts from 2 or 3 members as a priority it would help ease the situation & be a more effective approach? Just a thought, anyway!

Regards,
AB

11 Oct 2009     

Portugal

The first good news is the website mentioned in the 1st post of this thread, is no longer attached to nounaya �s account.

I must thank nounaya, for understanding and being sensitive to my feelings and perspective.

The second good news is that nounaya has also learnt from experience, has apologized for any inconvenience she may have caused.

Everybody deserves to be given a second chance, instead of being burnt at the public square, right over everybody �s face.

Middle Age is gone.

Inquisition, too.

There �s some grey cloud at the horizon: some people don �t learn from experience and Inquisitors will be right there at the corner, waiting for more fireworks.

We have to be alert. Dialogue is the key word for Peace in this Century, otherwise there could be nobody left to tell.

My best regards.
ij 

11 Oct 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4