Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Old members, new rules    

Old members, new rules

goodnesses
Algeria

Ah! now the points matter but not when a member loses his for something that is not of his fault.

Good night everybody.
Off to watch my favourite series. I think it would be better for ME.

26 Oct 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Now I �ve gotta go, but will return later to see if you have a clear and fair decision on old wss.

I know Victor can make a decision, but even if he decides old wss should stay without any changes, I �ll respect his decision but will still think that fair rules apply to everyone without distinction.

26 Oct 2009     

Carla Horne
United States

Please, hind sight is twenty-twenty. You can�t cry over spilled milk. There is no sense in locking the barn door after the heifer has escaped...

Let the old wss stay because they were pre-rules. If we start going back and checking all of them, no one will have time to create new ones.

Once a rule is set, let it be so from that day forward. Peace to all and good night! Smile

Carla

27 Oct 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Know what, guys

I just can �t understand how, YOU, clever and intelgent people go on and on , with such a useless problem.
Thanks Zora, you  put up things on to the table.
Why are you, all the others, so upset about old printables?
Let them show up, when they do have to show up. And then, let �s apply the rules, is it ? or, no, the other way.
you are just trying to cancel points and points of some members... ? Why ? Can �t you sleep well, Zambia?  Why do the other members � points disturb you?
 Do you know one thing, this site is here for the sake of Victor �s work, obviously, but also, because many, many members worked a lot, and IMPROVED A LOT. If, many of the old members didn �t have the chance to upload some kind of printables, if they hadn �t been downloaded by many, many members, probably, YOU, wouldn �t be here today, judging the others.
Old printables, good or less good, or bad, never mind, are the basis of this site.
Please, we are having a few of our best stars going away, leaving, for many and different reasons. Don �t push anyone else out.
I deleted everything I had under 10 points.
I checked, now, before writing here in the forum, there are people with 1 ( one ) point download, giving the best of their opinions. My country, we call it " cara de pau ", kind of " wooden face ", meaning, never changes, always there.

Aren �t you ashamed of what you write here. It can �t be like that, you can �t arrive and begin to set rules. This site has rules AND, they are set by Victor.

I just suppose that, probably, he appreciates some clues we may give, he hasn �t said YET, this is a democratic party.
Big, big hugs
to this wonderful FAMILY
Let �s keep what we have
linda

27 Oct 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Well said, Olindalima.

27 Oct 2009     

zailda
Brazil

This site lies on the experience of the older and the fresh air brought by the newer. Is this a close club with rules to protect old members from the new ones? Don �t rules apply to everyone here?

This is a democracy, since Victor provided the forum I understand that he wants us to give our opinions, and it doesn �t matter if we are the first or the last member joining the site. There �s nothing like "the newbbies agains the oldest war".

Everything we want is to improve the site and to have clear and fair rules - as we already have, in fact. And this is not a discussion about points. The discussion is about who is under the rules: everyone here or only members from.... up to now.

I understand the old members have a great contribution here, but the new ones have to struggle with the new rules and find the time to do so. Why not the old members?

I understand that changes are not accepted at first, if they are comfortable for some. But is it fair? I see all the time members complaining about unfair things and aren �t we concerned about being fair?

The old wss don �t bother me at all, what bothers me is realizing that some members see the rules as things to be applied to the others � and not to their own work.

27 Oct 2009     

David Lisgo
Japan

It is the responsibility of individual members to follow the rules.  Active members can easily check out their own material and see if they are up to scratch. If not they can easily be updated or removed. I have removed some of my own, improved them and re-uploaded them; I don �t recall that I lost any points, in fact I probably gained some.

I don �t actively seek out old worksheets to report, but if I �m moderating I moderate (to the best of my ability) according to the rules of this site.

27 Oct 2009     

zailda
Brazil

Ladybird �s idea sounds terrific to me: a spring cleaning. Old wss can be updated or deleted and reuploaded after being "dressed up".

And it �ll be a great opportunity for new member to benefit with the old members � work. Isn �t it the aim of the site?

27 Oct 2009     

JulietaVL
Mexico

Well said Olindalima...

In Mexico there is a new rule: "no smoking in public areas"... some people do not follow the rule and keep on smoking in public places and they have to pay a fine for doing so or some of them even go to jail...

I do not smoke but I would hate having to pay a fine for having smoked when it was allowed to do so...

Why to delete worksheets that WERE allowed?? Why? just becasue some of us say so... I really do not think so, Victor has the last word in this.

And Olindalima you�ve made me think a lot when you said this:

Please, we are having a few of our best stars going away, leaving, for many and different reasons. Don �t push anyone else out

I can think of a few ones, I� �m givng just a small example

svetamarik Svetlana

Russian Federation

Where is she?

She�s gone... no more excellent worksheets, no more great posts in the forum

I can think of some others, Mena (whrere is sheeee??)... Frenchfrog (whe apperas every now and then and in the past very often), Naranjas.. oh!! many!!! many others...

27 Oct 2009     

zambia09
Czech Republic

@olindalia
If you think I look for old wss purposely, you are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong. I don �t care about the date but the content. I never looked for the date and I �m really surprised how old-minded some people are.
You welcome new members? No, how could they feel welcome if they are treated in different ways by some old members who keep indoctrination someone who came with a new proposal?
There are so many 0 point members and I believe loads of them just for simple reason - they try to do something the older members did and guess what? - their wss was removed because of breaking rules! How is it possible?
Well, because the most of old members keep locking up to old rules. Why wouldn �t they with so many points they don �t have to care how many points will they spend for downloading single flashcards? But new members haven �t so much point like you, Zora, akanah and others. Single flashcards I reported yesterday were useless being incomplete.
Is it fair to new members? Or you are happy having your small group of oldies and don �t need anyone new who wants everybody to be treated in the same way? Are you better than me because you have became a member of the site earlier than me? I don �t think so!
So I will keep bothering you  - old minded people in the sake of new members.Wink

27 Oct 2009     

< Previous   1    2    3    4    Next >